Securities - Equities Structuring and Sales Strats - Associate - London
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Goldman Sachs International
- 19 juin 18 2018-06-19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 06 June 2018
Application Closing Date: 03 July 2018
Goldman Sachs' Strats business unit is a world leader in developing quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex business problems. Working within the firm's trading, sales, banking and investment management divisions, strats use their mathematical and scientific training to create financial products, advise clients on transactions, measure risk, and identify market opportunities.
Securities Strats play important roles in several areas. Some Strats sit on trading desks, creating cutting-edge derivative pricing models and developing empirical models to provide insight into market behaviour. Others develop automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients, taking an active part in the increasing shift from voice to electronic trading. A third group works directly with the firm's sales force and clients, analysing exposures, structuring transactions, and applying quantitative concepts to meet client needs. Between these teams, Core Strats design and develop complex parallel computing architectures, electronic trading tools, and advanced algorithms.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Generating ideas of multi asset alfa/beta/hedge strategy indices for institutional clients, mainly focusing on Japanese financial institutions.
- Portfolio risk and performance analysis.
- Bespoke alpha Research: Custom Strategies & Backtests, Market Quantitative screening.
- Portfolio Construction expertise: Bespoke Hedges and Custom Indices.
- In this role the candidate will also help on the automation of our quantitative processes, by participating at the development of new internal and external tools and reports.
- Produce and present periodic post-trade analysis and bespoke research for client meetings.
- Consult with clients and coverage teams on algorithm customisations. Work with developers to implement them.
- Develop relationships with clients and take ownership of and responsibility for the whole client electronic trading experience.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of execution algorithms, smart-order routing and market research.
- Produce, distribute and explain research on market microstructure and execution algorithms.
- Interact with trading, sales, technology and operations teams as required to facilitate client requests.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Master's or equivalent in a quantitative/research discipline required
- Prior investment banking/financial services industry experience required
- Knowledge of financial markets with strong focus on Japan financial markets required
- Ability to work independently as a stand-alone structuring Japan desk in London partnering with the APAC teams
- Must have good communication skills in Japanese and English
- Client facing experience required
- Experience of preparing marketing materials, conducting quantitative analysis, pricing, structured products execution required
- Good understanding of Equities product range (e.g.cash/derivative etc.) required
- Experience of setting up domestic funds with large financial/banking/commercial institutions required
- Proficiency in MS Office package and knowledge of Bloomberg required
- Negotiation skills and thorough knowledge in financial regulations required
- Strong mathematical/quantitative skills and logical thinking required
- Ability to understand complex problems and to explain the concepts to non-technical clients and colleagues
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.