The Operations Department is organised into three teams; Public Markets, Alternatives and Onboarding/ reporting, with this role sitting with the Alternatives team. The role will provide exposure to our end-to-end process which support both existing and new alternative assets, working closely with the front office team and support areas.
Delivery New business
- Work closely with the Private Market deal teams, understanding the operational implications of a deal (accounting considerations, cash flows, valuations, and structuring considerations where applicable) – assisting in the implementation of new or existing operating models where required, ensuring understanding is documented.
- Work with external third-party providers, whilst co-ordinating with stakeholders internally, to ensure any new service provisions with a third party meet the associated deal requirements.
- Liaise with Performance, Risk, Legal, Compliance and Finance as required
Delivery existing business
- Responsible for asset set up, settlement instruction maintenance. Confirmation of an initiation of cash flows.
- Management of the efficient funding of the mandates requesting FX transactions and generation of subscriptions / redemptions and distributions
- Liaison with the Public markets funding function
- Complete cash and stock reconciliations daily and escalate as appropriate
- Complete Rift process and escalate issues as appropriate
- Operate with minimal errors
- Liaise with Aztec to ensure mandate guidelines are monitored and provide a regular summary report
- Report any events within 24 hours into accelerate
- Deliver data for Weekly operating Report
- Prepare slides for the Alternative operations oversight meeting
Third party Relationships
- Grow and develop the relationship with Aztec for Find administration
- A growing interaction with additional third party providers, whilst assisting with the implementation of a new third party framework.
- Relationship with JPM for any listed portfolios and for the unitisation of Private market mandates
- Attendance at third party service reviews as required
- Look for training opportunities to enhance skills
- Improve personal skill matrix score each year
- Build a strong relationship across the internal supply chain from initiation to delivery with all areas. Drive solutions that are scalable and controlled.
- Develop close working relationships with third party service partners
- Accounting qualification required (ACA/ACCA)
- CFA/CAIA qualification advantageous
- Deal implementation background, considering operational and finance related components
- Business/ Operational experience of working within an alternative’s manager
- A depth of product knowledge across multiple products (Private Equity, debt, both direct and through funds)
- Knowledge of fund structuring is advantageous
- Problem solving with independent though
- Experience of Bloomberg AIM
- Attention to detail
- Track record of initiative/project delivery
- Flexible approach to re-prioritise as needed
- Can do attitude
- Good Excel skills