Senior Analyst, ESG Analytics & Client Delivery
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- S&P Global
- 18 avr. 19
Senior Analyst, ESG Analytics & Client Delivery
The Role: Trucost, part of S&P Global, is a leader in ESG data and risk analysis, providing data, tools and insights to companies and financial institutions so that they can allocate capital to more sustainable business models and better communicate ESG performance to their stakeholders.
We are looking for a Senior Analyst to join our ESG Analytics and Client Delivery Team based in London dedicated to the delivery of Trucost's products and services to companies, banks, asset managers and pension funds globally. The role provides an opportunity to work on state of the art projects in the field of sustainable finance.
The Senior Analyst will contribute technical expertise and lead teams conducting detailed ESG analyses across a broad range of client projects - focused primarily on measuring the ESG performance of companies, investment products and portfolios using Trucost's proprietary methods and analytics.
The Opportunity: You will be working with a diverse range of clients across the investment value chain to support the disclosure and management of ESG risks and opportunities, and benchmark performance. You will support clients to meet reporting needs in line with international and sector-specific reporting standards and standard methodologies.
The Impact: Trucost's expertise is providing data leveraged analytics and insights on ESG performance so that businesses and investors can understand how to direct investments that bring value and avoid risk. We've been informing companies, financial institutions, regulators and leaders with vision since 2000. Trucost's carbon data underpins the S&P Global Carbon Efficient Indices recently selected by Government Pension Investment fund for Japan (GPIF) to serve as the benchmark for their ESG investment strategy. Trucost's clients also include DBS Bank, ERAFP, Fidelity, Future Fund, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, State Street Global Advisors and UBS among many others.
The Team: We are composed of experienced professionals driven to identify the transformative solutions of tomorrow. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an ambitious spirit. We value team work and it is crucial that you are a great teammate in order to be successful within our organization.
The Hiring Manager says: "I am looking for a Senior Analyst with an excellent understanding of ESG factors and how they can be applied to support business and investment decision-making. You are passionate about helping businesses and investors understand their ESG risks and opportunities and communicate ESG performance to their partners".
- Lead and participate in an international analytics and client delivery team conducting in-depth analytical research on the impact of ESG factors on companies and portfolios performance using Trucost's proprietary methods and analytics
- Support the growth of our business in the Asia Pacific market
- Develop technical approaches to meet client and market needs
- Provide high-quality insights and recommendations from complex information for consultative projects
- Clearly communicate insights and technical approaches to clients verbally and in writing, including documenting analytical methodologies for reports and developing graphs and charts appropriate for use by senior executives
- Support account managers in Trucost's financial institutions and corporate businesses by developing technical approaches for proposals or RFP/RFI responses that recognize client needs and convey Trucost's value proposition
- Work collaboratively with a diverse team across multiple offices to conduct research and ensure the quality of insights
- Genuine interest or experience developing and applying ESG metrics to support business and investment decision-making
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities
- Experience in financial modelling and risk analysis
- Understanding of investment / market risk in fixed-income, equities or real assets would be beneficial
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including confidently presenting complex information to clients in ways that they can easily understand and inform their actions
- Personable, with a demonstrated strength in planning and executing work assignments independently, and as part of an international analytics and client delivery team
- Ambitious, organized, with a positive, "can do" attitude
- This role is suited to an experienced risk or credit analyst with a strong interest in the sustainability field, or for a quantitative ESG analyst with a genuine interest in the impact of ESG risk factors on company and portfolio performance
- Relevant experience either in a risk management capacity or in a financial modelling role - this could include working as a risk analyst within an asset manager, pension fund bank or Development Finance Institution. Other relevant experience would include performing as an ESG analyst for a research provider or in the sustainability field for a management consultancy
- An undergraduate and postgraduate degree in relevant subjects such as; Economics, Finance, Environmental Economics, Development Economics or Environmental Sciences or relevant work experience
- A deep understanding of financial markets and investing, as well as knowledge of some of the following sustainability areas that financial institutions are involved in: mainstreaming ESG integration; environmental fund or index creation; environmental risk analysis; green finance and reporting of investments in different asset classes
- Proven ability to synthesize technical data to develop insights on corporate environmental and financial performance
- You should be conscious of detail and numerically proficient with natural curiosity, and open to a new way to problem solving
- CFA charter-holder and/or FRM certified or progress towards earning these qualifications (Level 3 candidate for CFA exam and/or Part 2 in case of the FRM exam).
- Fluent written and spoken English and Mandarin. Additional languages (in particular Spanish, German, or French) would be advantageous.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.