Senior Analyst, IT Service Desk
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Janus Henderson Investors
- 08 nov. 18
The role is focused on providing front line level 1 and 2 support for all IT related issues with overall ownership of all items in action within the Service Desk team. This includes the logging of incidents, investigation of issues through to resolution and escalation to level 3 support teams where appropriate. The role requires the ability to manage customers’ expectations while at the same time ensuring that IT standards are met.
The IT department plays a crucial role in supporting the success of Janus Henderson. We are responsible for developing and implementing state-of-the-art software to support our fund management, trading, distribution and operational areas and for maintaining a stable and resilient IT infrastructure platform.
The IT Service Desk team is the face of IT to our internal customers. We deliver fast and accurate resolution of issues and maintain a fleet of end user IT equipment in a professional and service orientated manner.
Overview of the Role
The role is focused on providing front line level 1 and 2 support for all IT related issues with overall ownership of all items in action within the Service Desk team. This includes the logging of incidents, investigation of issues through to resolution and escalation to level 3 support teams where appropriate. The role requires the ability to manage customers’ expectations while at the same time ensuring that IT standards are met. There will be times where a Senior Analyst needs to represent the Head of IT Client Services in meetings and speak on behalf of the team and the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure support calls are resolved correctly and users are informed of progress at agreed intervals
• Provide cover to the business from 07:00 – 19:00 on a shift basis
• Provide on-call support from 19:00 – 07:00 on a rotational basis.
• Be a resource for project work where needed
• Own and manage incidents / problems with various teams through to resolution
• Production of service management information for senior management
• Representing the Service Desk team and the needs of the business in meetings where the Head of IT Client Services is unavailable
• Manage ticket queues and resource rotations
Assumes additional duties as assigned
Technical Skills and Qualifications
• 2/3 years 2nd level Desktop Support experience
• Knowledge of Windows 10 or equivalent
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016 including Outlook
• Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
• Experience of configuring mobile devices e.g. iOS and Android
• Ability to use helpdesk management tools to log/monitor/close client problems/requests
• Experience of working in high-pressure environments
• Ability to identify, isolate and resolve IT problems / requests
• Experience managing a ticket queue
• Ability to speak in senior level meetings with professionalism and integrity
• Symantec Anti-Virus tools
• Familiarity with Cisco Jabber
• Familiarity with Microsoft Certificate Services and E-mail Encryption
• Understanding of Microsoft Systems Centre Configuration Manager
• Experience working with Service Now
• Basic understanding of LAN technologies
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Highly motivated with a passion for technology and a can-do attitude
• Organised individual who is a good communicator and can discuss technical subjects in layman terms
• Always maintains a calm, professional manner
• Self-motivated with the ability to learn ‘on the fly’, demonstrating a willingness to seek and achieve improvements to processes and technology
• Ability to work as part of a team, circulate important information and contribute to team discussion
• Take responsibility for the actions of yourself and your team, demonstrating ownership of issues and project work
• Good time management / planning – manages personal workload effectively, sets realistic and achievable targets and delivers against them
• Ability to empathize with the customer, putting yourself in their shoes to give them the best customer service experience
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed by:
• Annual Performance Appraisal
• Completion of all assigned Compliance training
At a minimum the role requires the individual to:
• Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first and always act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
• Understand and comply with any federal, state, and foreign laws and regulations applicable for the role, and seeking the guidance of Compliance if this is unclear at any time
• Understand and comply with all relevant Janus Henderson policies applicable for the role, and seeking the guidance of the relevant policy owner if this is unclear at any time.
The individual in the role is ultimately accountable for his/her own actions and is responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.