Senior Application Support Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Application Support professional to join the team. The role encompasses 2nd line technical application support for our Industry-leading products catering to the New Issuance area of Capital Markets. Candidate is hands-on and willing to explore new tools & technologies to contribute to the quality of our global support framework. This person will work with the global team and will report both to a Global Support Manager and a Regional Manager. Duties & accountabilities
Apply strong technical skills and good business knowledge together with investigative techniques to identify and resolve issues efficiently and in a timely manner. Work collaboratively with development team as required for third line escalation.
Implement and monitor system checks for early detection of potential problems and raise the appropriate service outage ticket to initiate the incident management process when needed. Drive and engage in disaster recovery processes for all products.
Coordinate with product and delivery teams to ensure the App Support team is ready for new releases and engaged in early design of new enhancements
Work on initiatives and continuous improvement process around proactive application health monitoring, reporting, and technical support. Business competencies
- Minimum 3+ years of work experience in an Application Support role
- Experience in reading and debugging Java code is essential
- Should be knowledgeable in SDLC and experience in raising development bugs - including priority assessment, high quality analysis, and detailed investigation. Understanding of agile methodology, a plus
- Must have fundamental working knowledge of Oracle, SQL and RDBMS - including database query plan analysis and monitoring
- Knowledge of operating systems most especially Windows and Linux is a must. Good shell scripting experience is a must. Ability to use python scripting is an advantage
- Must have fundamental knowledge of networking basics and topology.
- Knowledge of AWS/CI-CD and some of its technologies such as Git lab , TeamCity etc is an advantage.
- Ideally familiar with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Centreon and Monolith.
University Graduate with Bachelor's Degree in computer science or Computer Engineering related degree, Master's Degree is a plus Commercial awareness
- Knowledge of, or experience of working in the financial services industry would be a plus
- Excellent understanding of software systems and technology
- Good understanding of software support team functions and a solid understanding of the end to end application development process.
- A strong desire to keep up with all the latest developments in related technologies
- Confident individual who can represent the team at various levels.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to carry out business impact analysis and prioritize tasks according to severity and importance
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.