A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. Overview
T Rowe Price [TRP] Investments Technology are expanding the Architecture team to support sustained growth of the highly successful Front Office Investments business and to collaborate with senior leaders, business and technology partners to design a state-of-the-art platform on which to gain further market share.
A new Domain Architecture function is being created to establish the target state architecture for the platform across all asset-classes and capabilities whilst being aligned to enterprise, business, technology and architecture goals. The function will require an understanding of all aspects of Architecture from Business and Applications through to Technology & Infrastructure.
Within this new function, we are looking for an experienced Architect to extend the teams Domain Architecture capability in London to work closely with International business and technology partners.
As a Domain Architect , you will:
- Bring recent (or ideally current) experience working for another global Asset/Investment or Wealth Management firm and particularly Front Office areas including; Research & Analysis, Portfolio Management, Investment Strategy & Risk Governance or Trading & Execution Management
- Have worked at least with one of TBoR/IBoR/ABoR and have a good understanding on how they each relate to each other
- Have worked on at least one Security Master and be familiar with Canonical Data Model/s (and supporting data artefacts around this)
- Have exposure to at least one of the major Order Management/Portfolio Management vendor products (ideally Charles River)
- Be comfortable facing off to senior stakeholders and organising/chairing Architecture Reviews Boards/Forums and other working groups and the collateral around these.
- From a governance standpoint, bring a proven track-record of defining Current State Architecture, mapping Target/Future State Architecture, the roadmap to get there, coupled with the metrics/KPIs to track progress
In this role, you will design and develop IT architecture (integrated process, applications, data, and technology) solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. You will perform technical planning, architecture development, and modification of specifications as well as develop specifications for new products/services, applications, and service offerings. This opportunity will also require that you assess the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies.
The successful candidate will have a passion for architecture
and building world class strategic
, a lean-in mindset
, equally happy in business and technical detail - leading, influencing and championing at senior levels.
Are you a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience who is also capable of leading projects or work streams? If this describes you, we encourage you to apply! Role summary and job responsibilities:
- Practicing accountability for work of self and sometimes others, provides process and standards advice in area of specialization
- Understanding and advocating EA principles and articulating value proposition of architecture to technology partners
- Managing and continuously improving the design and implementation of architecture processes and artifacts
- Ensuring our firm's projects engage architecture early and often on architecturally significant projects
- Reviewing key design decisions with departmental architecture review boards
- Ensuring decisions around architecture are made and deviations from standards are properly identified, addressed, and communicated. Raises issues to the Principal Architects and Senior Managers as necessary
- Participating and leading reviews of projects that are in flight. Works closely with technical leads of projects contributing solutions to the project's most challenging problems and able to be hands on as needed
- Ensuring that all individual solution architecture artifacts and changes are documented as per process standards and stored in T. Rowe Price's EA Library to facilitate compliance, organization, and access
- Coordinating with other enterprise architects as necessary for solution architecture
- Taking control of complex or vague problems and steps through them in a rational way.
- Balancing tactical vs. strategic trade-offs when making decisions or proposing solutions
- Flexibility in your thinking; you excel at providing solutions when additional information or ideas are presented.
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Identifying when junior engineers need help and providing support in a positive way that promotes confidence.
- Dedicated to helping team members/makes suggestions to improve practices
- Leading a small team on a specific project or task
- You are able to work directly with business partners
- Decisions show a focus on current and future business priorities, together with fiscal responsibility
- You can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions
- Engages in identifying architectural weaknesses and recommending appropriate solutions
- In-depth technical knowledge and expertise
- Knowledge working with Amazon AWS, Scrum/Agile Methodology
- Understands common architecture frameworks and models
- Extensive Asset Management Front Office experience ideally across Fixed Income, Equities and multi-asset asset classes
- Excellent understanding of the E2E business process from north of trading through to settlement
- Experience of Charles River both on-prem and SaaS offering
- Experience of BBG Polarlake, Markit EDM and (other reference/market data providers)
- You are up-to-speed with industry trends and technologies with the ability to comprehend their functions and capabilities and how to apply them appropriately.
- Understands, and is able to apply, meta-models, taxonomies, and ontologies
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.