Senior Associate, Fixed Income Trading
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 12 juil. 18 2018-07-12
AFME are seeking a full-time Senior Associate to support the work of the Director who leads the Credit, Covered Bonds and Primary Dealers Divisions as well as other fixed income initiatives and, to a limited extent, operations issues. Depending on experience, this may include leading some of the underlying workstreams of the Divisions independently.
***PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS IS A JUNIOR ROLE AND THEREFORE WE ARE ONLY ACCEPTING APPLICANTS WITH UP TO 3 YEARS' EXPERIENCE***
The Senior Associate position is a junior role that offers the candidate an exciting opportunity to work closely with senior individuals at leading investment banks in the credit, covered and government bond trading markets to help shape policy and develop solutions in a challenging financial market environment. An important portion of the role will be spent monitoring and reacting to the post-implementation impact of MiFID Level 2. The opportunity is therefore to work at the cutting edge of regulatory and market developments while keeping in close contact with the business.
- Supporting and working in close collaboration with the Director, be involved with and take responsibility for developing:
- AFME’s Credit, Covered Bonds and Primary Dealers Boards and their underlying specific workstreams
- Professional relationships with the member representatives on the three Boards, underlying committees and working groups
- For the Primary Dealers Division, AFME’s relationships with DMOs on issues which impact governments’ access to the capital markets, liquidity and efficiency
- AFME’s regulatory and best practice initiatives impacting fixed income markets including AFME’s Fixed Income MiFID II/MiFIR workstream
- Relationships with a wide range of other fixed income stakeholders, including policymakers, regulators, trading venues and data vendors and engage with external industry initiatives and forums
- Working with AFME’s Advocacy Division, strong relationships with policymakers, regulators and members on advocacy priorities including attending meetings and preparing briefing notes
- Relevant European and London-based AFME conferences and events
- Working with AFME’s Institutional and Corporate Relationship staff, identify and build relationships with European investor and corporate end users to seek collaboration on common positions; and
- Relationships with other European and London industry trade associations to develop cross-industry proposals
- Prepare the AFME annual Primary Dealers Handbook and identify any other relevant quantitative data and analytical initiatives
- Prepare for meetings including agendas, minutes and other materials. These meetings could be based in either our Frankfurt or London offices
- Work with AFME’s Policy, Advocacy, Prudential, External Relations and Events Divisions
- Confidence and ability to be pro-active and deliver in the role quickly with minimal supervision and support
- A willingness and ability to work as part of a team
- Technical rigour and attention to detail, including ideally some familiarity with MiFID II/MiFIR and other markets regulations (but this can be learned)
- Strong self-motivation, intellectual curiosity and high levels of energy and social engagement, including networking with members.
- The ability to function effectively in a challenging, fast-paced and professional team environment
Knowledge skills and experience
- Exposure to the pan-European Credit, Covered Bonds and Primary Dealers secondary trading markets gained via experience in trading, origination, syndication, business management, operations, research, regulation or other relevant areas OR good knowledge of MiFID II/MiFIR, and its implications for the European fixed income markets
- 1-3 yrs experience focused on either of the above areas
- A bachelor's or advanced professional degree
- Excellent social and communications skills
- Strong writing skills
- Good quantitative skills so as to be able to identify the need for, and manage the process of analytical work and data management effectively
- Strong analytical, project management and personal organisational skills to keep work streams on track
- Confident public speaker
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Additional European language skills
- Interest in European policymaking
- An understanding of European market practices and regulatory processes
A copy of the Candidate Information Notice can be found on the company website on www.afme.eu
THIS IS AN URGENT REQUIREMENT. APPLICATIONS FOR THIS ROLE CLOSE AS AT 5:30PM FRIDAY THE 23rd of July.
The Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME) represents a broad array of European and global participants in the wholesale financial markets. Its members comprise pan-EU and global banks as well as key regional banks, brokers, law firms, investors and other financial market participants. We advocate stable, competitive, sustainable European financial markets that support economic growth and benefit society.
AFME is the European member of the Global Financial Markets Association (GFMA), a global alliance with the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) in the US, and the Asia Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (ASIFMA) in Asia.
For more information please visit the AFME website, www.afme.eu or follow us on Twitter: @news_from_afme