Senior Audit Manager
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 24 juin 18 2018-06-24
Senior Audit Manager
Corporate Title: Up to Senior Vice President
Line of Business: Corporate Audit
Are you a creative, dedicated audit professional? Want to be part of an upbeat, high-energy working environment? Here in our London office we happy to announce we are looking for a Senior Audit Manager to join our team.
This role sits within the EMEA Global Markets Corporate Audit team. Global Markets covers the full suite of businesses across Equities and Fixed Income, however this roles focuses primarily on Equities.
Corporate Audit is a global team responsible for providing independent assessments of business activities across the company. The group supports how we handle risk by ensuring that controls over key risks are in place and functioning correctly. We also makes recommendations to management in support of the company's strategies and business objectives.
You will be leading a dynamic, diverse team of seven people in EMEA with responsibility for risk assessing, planning and delivering audits of the trading, trade control and product control functions supporting Equities.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Be responsible for the performance management of the team, including setting performance objectives, mentoring and supporting the individuals and evaluating their performance
- You shall develop and recruit team members as appropriate to maintain the right array of skills to be able to provide full audit coverage across the Equities function
- Handle a number of business partner relationships on an ongoing basis. Provide mentorship to business partners to balance their business strategy with appropriate risk management controls
- Lead a range of audit projects in Equities, including planning, executing, leading team members and ensuring the timely completion of audits to a high quality standard
- Review the audit team's work and provide clear and timely feedback to meet the requirements included in our audit procedures. Prepare written reports supporting the audit rating and opinion
- Lead multiple projects concurrently and be creative in the use of automation and data-analytical techniques to work efficiently
- Maintain an up-to-date risk assessment and build the audit plan required to ensure coverage over our risk based cycle. Stay informed of current economic developments relevant to Equities to anticipate areas of emerging risk
- Contribute ideas/opinions to the EMEA and Global Markets teams and lead initiatives to continuously improve our working practices
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Degree educated or equivalent experience
- Financial Certifications such as FRM and CFA are helpful
- Solid people management skills to lead a diverse team
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, working with business and audit partners
- Excellent grasp of auditing principles and experience of reviewing audit work
- Deep knowledge of the Equities business, including option risk management and valuation, option valuation principles as well as some familiarity with Prime Brokerage services and Cash Equities Electronic Trading
- Experience of auditing a Global Markets business with an understanding of the relevant processes and controls
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.