Senior Audit Manager
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 16 août 18 2018-08-16
See job description for details
Join us in London as a Senior Audit Manager
- Hone your existing auditing skills and advance your career in this exciting and fast paced role
- You'll be supporting our Ring-Fence Bank- Franchises team
- You may also have the opportunity to be involved in the provision of audit services to other areas of RBS outside of the ring-fenced bank, such as RBS International
What you'll do
As a Senior Audit Manager, you'll be contributing to Internal Audit strategic initiatives and providing quality, efficient and effective assurance. You'll also influence business managers to improve the control environment.
Your key responsibilities will also include:
- Undertaking tasks delegated by Accountable Auditors and performing audit work on complex and large size audits
- Overseeing engagement teams and making sure they comply with methodology and appropriately use the tools available
- Managing a portfolio of engagements and making sure they're delivered to budget and on time
- Leading and coaching a team of 5-7 graduates and managers
- Contributing to the functional half-yearly audit opinion and other specific internal audit projects
- Providing support to manage the agreed Internal Audit Quality Assurance programme regarding the quality of reporting and performance of team members
- Supporting the development and implementation of Internal Audit's auditing methodology and quality assurance strategy
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role you'll need to be an experienced manager with strong risk and Internal Audit experience. You'll also need post-qualification experience in performing internal audits, particularly in the financial sector or with an audit firm. We'd also like to hear from you if you have experience in a risk or control function.
A professional qualification such as Chartered Accountants (CA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) would be desirable. Additional experience in Funds, Digital, Data Analytics or Credit Risk would also be an added advantage.
You'll also have:
- Effective communication and influencing skills, with the ability to negotiate with, challenge and influence stakeholders at all levels
- The ability to communicate sometimes complex concepts to your stakeholders in an easy to understand way
- Good commercial acumen, with a strategic mind-set
- Confidence to challenge old ways of working to benefit the business
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.