Senior Automation Software Tester
Senior Automation Software Tester Working with M&G Prudential as a Senior Automation Software Tester means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to be the most loved and most successful saving & investments business. The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation. If you are inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for. The Role:
- To be aligned to a system / business area to ensure a high level of quality for any software changes
- To contribute to and implement the test strategy for your system area
- To develop and perform a range of test suites
- To provide technical expertise and implement more effective test automation for your system area
- To be embedded in cross-functional Agile teams and contributing hands-on using a variety of manual and automated techniques'
- Maintaining and continuously improving a clear framework for testing
- Reviewing requirements and acceptance criteria to define Test Plans
- Providing credible estimates for assigned tasks and highlighting any risks, issues and dependencies
- Execution of Test Plans and coordination of test activities with the SCRUM team
- Record defects, track their status and collaborate with the development team on their resolution
- Ensuring test cases, expected results and associated evidence are correctly recorded to verify the quality of changes to your system area through execution of tests
- Coordinate with other SCRUM testers to resolve dependencies and issues
- Coordinate with BA's and Business users for E2E testing and obtain sign-off for stories under test
You will have:
- Contribute to a comprehensive Test Architecture by implementing the team's Test Strategy
- Participate in the selection of appropriate test automation tools and relevant test techniques
- Use risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain, and execute automated test suites
- Follow best practices and propose continuous improvements for your system area
- Review requirements, agree acceptance criteria and refer to project/system documentation to clarify and define the necessary tests
- Scheduling and requesting use of test environments, appropriate test data to support Test Plans
- Work with the development team to capture and reuse automated Unit / Component Test Cases, Test Stubs/Drivers and other development test objects
- Perform testing cycles including System Tests, Functional/Non-functional Tests, Exploratory Tests, End-to-End Tests etc.
- Creation and maintenance of regression test packs, including an automated E2E and acceptance test suite to be run nightly
- Communicate to relevant stakeholders the latest status, issues and risks of test activities (escalating as appropriate)
- Adherence to Release Control best practices and procedures, IT policies and M&G Prudential regulatory controls
- Significant years of proven software testing experience; automated and manual
- Testing experience with REST API solutions
- Testing experience on one of the technologies (Java, .Net, C## etc.), Java & Groovy preferred
- Use of at least 1 industry-standard BDD testing tool (e.g. Spock, Cucumber), Spock preferred
- Preferably experience working with Azure cloud solutions
- Experience working with webservers
- Use of standard Agile techniques (e.g. Scrum, Kanban etc.) and tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Strong technical experience and fluent in technical communications
- Expertise in the end-to-end software development lifecycle
- Demonstrable track record in a delivery-focused role
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple â€" to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Recruiter: Beth Eckersley