This is a development role working in the team responsible for the firm’s Big Data analytics platform, with a specialism in Java or Scala required. The successful candidate will work in the data team to build out the existing platform to support additional technology and
This is a development role working in the team responsible for the firm’s Big Data analytics platform, with a specialism in Java or Scala required. The successful candidate will work in the data team to build out the existing platform to support additional technology and business use-cases involving both on premise and Cloud implementations. The platform delivers data solutions across BGC Group including use-cases for: market data analytics, regulatory reporting, surveillance and revenue analysis.
- To work in partnership with the business/business analysts to identify key requirements for implementation
- To identify any technical requirements for new products
- To work with all the business and technology departments to ensure all business and technical requirements are met
- To identify and manage any integration work
- To analyse, design and build any such projects
- To provide input into the current and on-going system architecture
- To liaise with other development teams as necessary to implement cross-team projects
- Be alert to Conduct Risk issues, specifically the risk of harm to client interests, market integrity and/or competition in financial markets due to inappropriate practices or behaviours across the firm
- Systems analysis and design
- Systems development
- Systems documentation
- Production support and out-of-hours system maintenance
- Substantial database experience: Relational and NoSQL data modelling.
- Experience of software development in a financial services environment advantageous
- Willingness to keep up to date with latest technology trends and proactively identify appropriate areas into which they can be applied
- Solid Computing Degree
- Significant development experience working with Big Data platforms covering the following technologies:
- Java or Scala on Linux. Docker beneficial
- Hortonworks, Hive
- Kafka, KafkaConnect, KafkaStreaming
- Spark, SparkSQL, Yarn, Ansible
Additional Beneficial Skills / Experience:
- Cassandra / Datastax, ElasticSearch, LogStash, Kibana
- Experience in addressing efficient data storage and querying against very large stores
- Experience in accommodating key requirements of MIFID II in designs/implementations
- AWS: Data Pipeline, S3, EMR, Lamda, DynamoDB, RedShift
- Experience in the use of high performance messaging middleware such as Tibco RV or Solace
- Team player with excellent inter-personal skills and confident communication skills.
- Able to effectively disseminate knowledge and experience to less experienced team members.
- Must be able to deal with our customers effectively, ie development teams working across the globe using Messaging and Data products, alongside external vendors who use the products.
- Must be able to deal with and adapt to change extremely effectively.
- Must be proactive in generating ideas and effective at developing solutions that are balanced, proportionate and effective. It is critical that this is achieved in collaboration with the global team.
- Ability to work and function under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and shifting priorities
- “Self-starter” always looking to improve quality of process and deliverables and keen to take a lead role in that process
Applications for this role open on 04/07/19
Applications for this role close on 04/08/19 Salary level: competitive
BGC Partners is an equal opportunities employer