The Value of Active Minds About Jupiter
Jupiter is one of the UK's leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £51.4 billion worth of assets under management (as at 30th June 2023).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in EMEA, APAC and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground's Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
We offer our UK employees a 3:2 hybrid working arrangement where Tuesdays, Thursdays and a third day of your choice are worked from the office. The other two days may be worked from home. This facilitates collaboration and allows employees to maximise productivity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. Background
This is an exciting opportunity to join Jupiter's Communications team, reporting to the Head of Communications. The team, responsible for Jupiter's internal and external communications, is looking for a Senior Communications Manager with experience in financial communications, or comparable expertise in a related field, to support the development and delivery of Jupiter's communications strategy and campaigns. Key Responsibilities
Desired Skills / Experience
- Support and work with the Head of Communications to deliver the objectives of Jupiter's Communications function, including:
- Developing and protecting Jupiter's corporate reputation among internal and external stakeholders
- Evolving public relations campaigns and activity in the UK and internationally
- Partnering with the Head of Communications to develop and implement communications plans in all active jurisdictions in line with Jupiter's strategic priorities
- Managing the range of international third-party PR agencies in the UK and across international markets
- Contributing to relevant external communications including press releases and corporate
- Build and strengthen relationships with key press targets and industry network
- Identify opportunities and trends that can be leveraged to achieve Jupiter's strategic objectives
- Adhere to market abuse and inside information requirements in relation to all corporate communications work
Additional Role Details
- 5+ years' relevant experience in Communications
- A thorough understanding of strategic communications is essential, with experience in the financial services industry preferred.
- Experience of producing a variety of communication vehicles (including press releases, newsletters, memos, Intranet content, talking points, video).
- Ability to work with teams cross-functionally, integrating the Communications' team strategy across Distribution and with other departments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Financial literacy and awareness of the regulatory environment.
- Collaborative individual with the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including senior management.
- Ability to communicate complex and technical information clearly to various audiences.
- High standards of organisation and attention to detail, even when working to tight deadlines.
- Creative and independent thinker, willing to take initiative and be proactive.
- Ability to deal professionally and discreetly with confidential information.
- Adept at handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent industry experience.
- This role is subject to the Conduct Rules set by the FCA.
Don't meet every requirement? At Jupiter we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you are interested in this role, but don't think your experience aligns perfectly with every listed requirement in the job description, we would encourage you to apply. You may be the right person for this role.