Senior Compliance Consultant - Asset Management
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role/ Department:
The role is for a Senior Compliance Consultant, based in London and will include a focus on regulatory change projects; assessing laws and regulations impacting asset management entities in the EMEA region. The individual will work within a regional Compliance team operating in a successful international Asset Management business, reporting to the EMEA Head of Compliance. The role is engaging, hands-on and offers excellent exposure to someone looking to develop their career in an asset management-based compliance role and a desire to stay in front of new regulatory developments.
The position will support the Head of Compliance in providing technical research and consultation on regulatory matters to support compliance programs and activities focusing on EMEA. The individual will act as a partner to both compliance and other business teams on the implementation of regulatory change throughout the EMEA region. The individual may be asked to support the wider compliance team as necessary. The key responsibilities of the role include:
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- SME on the EMEA financial regulatory landscape and key regulatory initiatives with the ability to interpret and coordinate high level legal entity, business and operational impact of regulatory changes
- Work proactively with business contacts and management to identify and implement practical and efficient solutions
- Being familiar with Northern Trust Asset Management's strategy, businesses, clients and products in order to provide timely and accurate regulatory and compliance advice to business partners
- Analyse and provide technical research and consultation to support risk and compliance programs and initiatives
- Assist in the development and maintenance of risk and compliance frameworks and related policies and procedures, with particular focus on regulatory change
- Develop and implement training programs with subject matter experts.
- Providing ad-hoc project support as required
- Support senior members of the department in the identification, planning and execution of the department's activities.
- Provide back up support to the wider compliance team as and when required, e.g. review of marketing materials
- Attendance and reporting to relevant committees
Working with Us:
- Demonstrated experience advising and/or monitoring the asset management business
- In depth knowledge of International regulations e.g. MiFID II, UCITS, SEC, FCA, CBI, AIFMD (preferable)
- Demonstrated experience in horizon scanning activities and ESG products
- Working knowledge of cross-border regulatory frameworks and rules
- Previous experience working in a collaborative environment to provide effective solutions
- Strong background in and understanding of investment management products and services with in depth understanding of securities, cash and derivatives market instruments, including ETFs
- Prior experience in the interpretation and analysis of complex investment management agreements, investment management guidelines, and industry standards
- Demonstrated analytical skills with an ability to identify and understand problems and offer effective solutions
- Highly motivated individual who has a proven record of using initiative to resolve problems
- Excellent communication skills including both verbal, non-verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.