As a Barclays Senior Compliance Manager– Financial Crime (Business Oversight), you will be joining our Financial Crime Compliance team, overseeing the firm’s financial crime compliance and risk management approach. This is an exciting opportunity to join a knowledgeable team, where you will be playing a key role being responsible for the businesses management of financial crime risks and for the mitigation of the business risks of products and services being abused for financial crimes purposes.
What will you be doing?
- Acting as Financial Crime Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all aspects of the Barclays Bank PLC control framework
- Providing Financial Crime oversight and advice to ensure that first line is equipped to performs the accountabilities
- Ensuring all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and Barclays Policies
- Analysing and providing sophisticated risk sensitive decisions and advice, supported by clear rationale and justification aligning with the firm’s risk appetite
- Utilising organisational data on clients, products, threats and industry outcomes to drive maturity in our oversight mechanisms and embed proactive risk identification
- Actively supporting and overseeing the businesses development of new products, services and geographical expansion
- Providing financial crime advice to support the assessment of Corporate Banking, Payments and Global Trade products
- Managing and monitoring Corporate Banking, Payments and Global Trade activities ensuring compliance with Firm-wide Standards
What we’re looking for:
- Substantial Subject Matter Expertise (SME) across Financial Crime regulation, guidance and risk mitigation strategies
- Solid knowledge of different business segments and the associated financial crime risks
- Creative and forward thinking, with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Highly organised and structured, with the ability to navigate complex problems and provide pragmatic solutions
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience with working across a wide range of stakeholders both within and beyond functions
- Familiarity with Financial Crime, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and Policy Standards
- Experience of working with the analysis of large volumes of data and information
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as: a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and it is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.