Senior Consultant - Workday Finance, Consulting, London
A key part of our business is delivering complex business transformation through the latest cloud technology integration.
As an Elite Platinum Global Alliance Partner, Deloitte has a long standing relationship with Workday and has received multiple partner awards in recognition of our work, which spans hundreds of clients across all major industries.
Deloitte has one of the fastest growing Workday Finance Practices and needs thought leaders like yourself to help pave the way for our clients and further develop our Workday Consulting Practice. For our clients, our Workday Senior Consultants reduce cost and support innovation at the enterprise level by managing business requirements and leading the functional design, prototyping and process design stages of Workday implementations.
Enterprise Technology & Performance
Want to work with business leaders, and alongside some of the most creative thinkers in industry? Can you develop and deliver innovative and core technology solutions that transform the digital enterprise and maximise ROI? From strategy articulation and process design to technology enablement, we work together to simplify the complex; creating tangible value for our clients.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Deloitte's Workday Financial Management Practice sits within the Enterprise Applications service line which forms part of Consulting. Here we focus on providing application expertise to support specific areas of a project.
As a Workday Finance Senior Consultant, your role will involve:
Your work, your choice
- Engaging in both advisory and delivery projects, from helping clients with their transformation strategies, to supporting the full lifecycle of Workday delivery projects
- Working with our clients to develop their overall solution architecture and end-to-end processes, to be supported by Workday technology
- Identifying key client process and technology / integration issues and recommending solutions
- Having a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
London with occasional domestic and international travel
This is a permanent opportunity. "Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate." Your professional experience
Your service line: Consulting
- Support clients by helping to design their solution landscape, including end to end Workday solution/data flow as well as integration points to non-Workday systems.
- Translate business requirements into specific system, application or process designs covering both functional and non-functional aspects.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Workday transactional data flows, but also to provide knowledge, insight and support for data migration activities.
- Experience designing / implementing ERP systems.
- Ideally, Workday Finance, FDM and Engagement Manager Certified.
- Possess good problem solving and analytical skills
- Be able to plan and deliver the scope and deliverables of the team
- Manage stakeholders using clear communications and be able to form strong client relationships
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of risk in relation to ERP delivery projects
- Work effectively within an inclusive team and actively support the development of individuals and teams, both formally and informally
- Experience of at least two end to end Workday implementations.
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 178194