Senior Consultant, Human Capital - Non Life Actuarial, London
Senior Consultant, Non-Life Actuarial, Human Capital, London
Joining Deloitte's leading Actuarial Insurance practice and apply yourskills in projects reaching beyond traditional actuarial boundaries. You'llwork with colleagues and clients in Audit, Tax, Consulting and FinancialAdvisory - exposing you to cutting edge actuarial work in a strategic,consulting and transactional context. Here you'll develop an impressive rangeof commercial consulting skills that will increase your career options andopportunities markets. Human Capital
Join the world's leading HR and people transformation business and help createthe Future of Work for major corporations. You'll develop trusted relationshipswith senior business stakeholders. As part of a practice that brings researchand analytics expertise together with deep industry knowledge, you'll developchange programmes that are not only innovative, but deliver the most positiveimpact for all. Your role
Senior Consultants will have responsibility for:
• Actively contribute to a wide range of client projects of a technicalactuarial nature;
• Taking responsibility for the delivery of packages of work to adequate timeand quality considerations
• Managing small number of junior team members (c.1-5)
• Identifying and escalating risks and issues
• Contributing to business development and practice management activity, inconjunction with more senior team members
• Attending client meetings
Our practice has both breadth and technical depth which is increasinglyimportant in an ever changing regulatory landscape. You can expect to beinvolved in a wide variety of assignments.
The key services that you could be involved in include:
• Reserving (GAAP, Lloyd's & London Market, Solvency II technicalprovisions, audit support);
• Mergers & Acquisitions transaction advisory;
• Other expert and advisory work;
• Finance, Reserving, IFRS 17 and Business Partnering transformation;
• Underwriting & Pricing Transformation; and
• Capital Model Validation, advisory and transformation Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours wesit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal andinformal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Pleasespeak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
We foster an open and friendly working environment that naturally allowseveryone to learn from the wide range of experts within the practice.
We also believe in structured development through formal training and personaldevelopment plans, covering areas such as:
• Actuarial modelling skills;
• Building relationships;
• Project Management;
• Business development; and
• Consulting skills. Location
You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel will be requiredfor client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spendtime on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobilityfor our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully. Hours
This is a permanent role with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage carefulconsideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangementsthat allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. Your professional experience
Yourservice line: Consulting
- Experience of the non-life industry
- The ability to apply your knowledge in practical and commercial situations;
- Track record of being able to take ownership of and complete packages of work or small projects successfully
- Experience of at least one of our services listed above; able to demonstrate credible experience
- Close to qualification or newly qualified;
- Self-starting; able to build rapport and relationships;
- Some experience of talent development (e.g. performance management for junior team members, mentorship or coaching of individuals)
- Clear communication skills.
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in theconsulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, alongwith an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with ourclients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients'trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour.A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change thatadds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society -defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundationfor our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professionalservices: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The firstchoice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice forthe best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit& Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and TaxConsulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrialexpertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever therole, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to helpour clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the secondlargest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operationsin Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics(Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK.Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combiningour unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance,consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across theregion. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputedleader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth forour people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals canproduce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and agenuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, withrespect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile workingarrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agileways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to havebeen listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last fouryears. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leadersalways set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time forpeople and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - bothinside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always findingopportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose andour leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that aremost important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impactthat matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but ourLeadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 166729