Senior Consultant, Technology Delivery, Business Operations, Consulting, London
You r opportunity
Our Technology Practice
Technology is an exciting and thriving area of our consulting practice. We have a diverse practice of over 1700 practitioners working around the UK on challenging engagements across a wide portfolio of clients. Our breadth and depth of technical capabilities enable us to be both trusted advisors and implementation partners.
Delivery is one of the core Service Areas in Technology, providing clients with the advice and delivery support that they need in their complex technology programmes including Systems Integration expertise. Whether it is structuring, assuring, managing, delivering or setting up solutions we need the very best people to join us and strengthen our team even further. That is where you come in!
Delivery provides a range of services to help our Clients deliver business driven, technology-enabled change across their organisation. We help our Clients in many different ways:
• Define, establish and run their most complex technology-enabled change programmes
• Manage their portfolios of technology projects and programmes
• Independently assure their in-flight projects and programmes
• Recover their troubled projects and programmes
• Define, establish and run projects to select technology products or services
• Advise them on building their in-house technology delivery capability
We work across all aspects of technology delivery including digital solutions, package integration, systems integration, custom development and infrastructure. Your role
Your work, your choice
- You will quickly apply your skills and experience at client sites.
- Supporting development of proposals and propositions
- Graduate recruitment
- Team development activities
- At the Senior level, you will develop your sales activities and deepen your already strong industry alignment in preparation for more senior positions and future promotion in the firm.
- You would also be expected to have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Your home office will be London, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accomm od ate Your professional experience
We are looking for individuals that will embody Technology Delivery at Deloitte Consulting - people who understand the connection between the business problem and the technology solution and have the professional and personal skills to make a real difference to our Clients.
- Understanding of how integration technologies are driving change across industries and markets
- Understanding the leading enterprise integration technologies and the key integration challenges being faced by our clients
- Assessment of an organisation's integration landscape and defining a target state
- Architectural discussions and design, and the testing of interconnected systems
- Working with integration and API solutions such as MuleSoft, Dell Boomi, IBM Connect, Apigee
- Knowledge of emerging and innovative integration technologies, for example iPaaS
- Programme / Project Management in a technology environment
- Programme/Project Management Office in a technology environment
- Managing 3rd party organisations or vendors within a technology programme
- Managing near-shore and off-shore teams within a technology programme
- IT Testing
- Analytical and problem-solving skills in a technology environment
- Project Management skills including experience of Waterfall and Agile SDLC
- Ability to develop client relationships
- Ability to identify selling opportunities
- Preferably experience in a relevant industry sector
- Internal or external consultancy experience is a must
In addition, you will also have strong communication and stakeholder management skills and be able to demonstrate proactive management of your career and professional development to-date. You must have full travel mobility. A good graduate degree (1st or Upper Second) or equivalent is required combined with post-graduate experience in one or more of the following industries or related consulting field:
Salary; Market Rate. Open date: 26.11.2019; Closing date: 24.12.2019. Full Time
- Consumer Business
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Energy and Utilities
- Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT)
- Public Sector
- Financial Services
Your service line: Consulting Our people and the way we workare the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us,collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth andbreadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at everystage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix ofknowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range ofclients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lastingvalue to their business. Personal independence
Regulation and controls arestandard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controlsprovide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject toa number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleaguesabide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you andyour "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certainfinancial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of thefirm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progressthrough the recruitment process.
AboutDeloitte OurPurpose & Strategy
To make an impact that mattersfor our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we standfor. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration tobe the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it'sabout being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and mostinfluential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. Whatdo we do?
Deloitte offers globalintegrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance,Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Ourapproach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight,consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technologyrevolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excelanywhere in the world. Beyondthe UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of DeloitteNorth and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloittenetwork. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy,Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway andSweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partnersand over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth ofcapabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, riskadvisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSEsupports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional servicesand will create more opportunity and growth for our people. Whatdo we value?
At Deloittewe foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce theirbest work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinelydistinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at theheart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hearfrom some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways .We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers forWorking Families for the eighth consecutive year, andto have been listed in The Times Top 50Employers for Women for each of the last four years. Beinga Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fitand purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set theexample and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people andtake an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside andoutside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities todevelop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expectcolleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadershipculture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most importantfor our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charterhelps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 174556