Senior Data Centre & Infrastructure Engineer
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
CME Group are currently looking for a Senior Data Centre Engineer to be part of an existing team of engineers who are responsible for the governance and oversight of the technology that comprises the Data Centre and office infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be engaging with CME architecture and vendor partners to evaluate effectiveness of existing network, evaluate new technology, and establish future direction. Working a Tuesday - Saturday shift to deliver the needs of the business, there would be an ongoing requirement to travel between sites in London (city based), Docklands, Slough and Park Royal.
• Demonstrates knowledge of equipment cabinet capacity as well as high and low voltage utilization calculations.
• Participates in project assistance, interacting directly with internal and external customers.
• Participates in the inventory auditing and purchasing process.
• Coordinate scheduled maintenance activities on customer network & server environments.
• Demonstrates a customer focus through communication, customer service accountability, and professionalism by resolving customer impacting events to root cause.
• Troubleshoot network & server hardware & software issues from a physical perspective
• Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of technology architecture by explaining data cent re & office critical infrastructure and network & server operating systems.
• Participates in process, procedure management. Refine & communicate operational standards.
• Shows availability and commitment to customers, acknowledging and responding to customers in a timely manner.
Skills & Software Requirements:
MS Office Suite, Inventory Control Software (RedBeam), IT Asset Management Software (RF Code), Environmental Monitoring Software (RF Code), Security Surveillance Software (Genetec), Cisco, Arista, Network TAP, DCIM (Clarity), Lenovo and HP enterprise server experience