Senior DevOps Engineer (Quant Technology)
As a senior DevOps engineer, you will have the opportunity to impact the Commodities and Global Markets division within Macquarie front to back, building relationships with a motivated and agile global technology community.
You'll be accountable for operating and supporting our innovative cloud-based analytics and rapid delivery platform. You'll lead DevOps transformation projects, such as the migration of Kubernetes clusters spanning multiple continents onto managed Kubernetes (Amazon EKS), and implementing infrastructure release automation.
You will interface directly with the Front Office, across the Quantitative Strategies team and the trading desks and will have the opportunity to directly influence future technical strategy.
To be effective in this role, you will have:
- hands-on experience in cloud deployment (e.g. AWS, Kubernetes etc)
- ability to define and measure non-functional requirements, such as reliability, availability, security, and performance
- familiarity with Linux system administration and tools such as git
- software development experience in a scripting language (e.g. Python)
- a passion for technology, automation and continuous innovation
- effective interpersonal skills and the ability to mentor and coach
Experience in these are desirable, but not mandatory:
- financial services / capital markets experience or interest
- observability and monitoring / alerting (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk)
- build tooling (in particular, Bazel)
- software development experience in a functional language (e.g. Scala)
Working in Technology at Macquarie, you'll be part of a high performing team and sit side-by-side with business stakeholders. Our flat structure means that you'll directly contribute to our strategy, while taking ownership of a diverse range of projects utilising the latest technologies.
If you're excited by the opportunity to drive DevOps excellence at the cutting edge, please apply now.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.