Senior Director Metals Products
- Not Specified
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 08 janv. 18 2018-01-08
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made CME Group is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made CME Group is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day – whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
The Senior Director is responsible for expanding the CME Group’s Metals customer base and increasing revenue and volume from new and existing customers with focus in precious metals. The individual will drive the development of precious Metals products and services and related business opportunities. The position requires a keen understanding of Metals changing landscape, all metals products, both in the derivative and the cash/physical market(s), as well as the target customer segments. Reporting to the Global Head of Metals, this person will develop a strategic growth plan, identify and prioritize key initiatives, identify critical potential customers, develop corresponding opportunities for growth in line with broader CMEG product growth objectives, and develop strategies and tactics to capitalize on growth opportunities. Additionally, the Senior Director will be responsible for creating and implementing a vision for service innovation with extensive collaboration and coordination with the Client Services & Development team, other internal stakeholders, as well as developing external networks and relationships. The Senior Director will have Metals Products P&L responsibility.
The CME Group Metals team is responsible for the promotion of all CME Group Metals products. We develop meaningful relationships with liquidity providers and takers to offer a diverse product mix that provides our customers with relevant trading and risk-management tools across the entire metals spectrum. We are responsible for apprising clients of any innovations or news concerning CME Group Metals products as well as diversifying our product mix and our global customer base across all client segments to develop deeper and more liquid markets. The Metals team is global and frequent communication is critical for success. Strong team work and clear communication skills are essential.
• Responsible for the management of precious Metals products and accountable for profit and loss, market share and volume growth of the business line.
• Develop and manage execution of detailed metals business plans related to precious metals, ensuring that all financial goals are met or exceeded
• Develop Precious Metals Futures & Options business line strategy and execute strategic initiatives in a timely manner while effectively working with the Metals teams in Asia, Europe and the U.S.
• Responsible for planning, driving and executing successful precious metals strategy with extensive partnership in CD&S, RP&D and other adjacent partners to drive results.
• Managing potential partnerships and business opportunities related to metals with other precious regional exchanges and adjacent markets.
• Come up with successful ‘go to market’ strategies for precious metals including but not limited to new product development, designing successful incentive programs and bringing key partners.
• Educate existing and prospective customers about the benefits and opportunities COMEX/NYMEX products provide, with the ability to compare/contrast to competitor products.
• Analyse and utilize all available/applicable information to improve/optimize strategic decision making.
• Apply comprehensive understanding of industry issues to advise on the future direction of a critical discipline at CME Group.
• Lead and Manage with conviction, integrity, professionalism, dedication, fairness and respect.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and team work mindset
• Ability to condense large amounts of information into an organized manner to communicate and lead the strategy for the precious metals, detail oriented
• Proven ability to execute successful business strategies to drive results
• Options background highly preferred
• An in depth knowledge of the precious metals landscape including competition and partners
• Strong customer service skills and demonstrated ability to interact effectively across all levels of an organization
• Well-developed business acumen and business management skills, complemented by strategic expertise and sound business judgment
• Bachelor's degree required. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
• Substantial precious metals trading and/or physical market experience.
• Previous experience managing derivative and financial products based on knowledge of futures and OTC precious products.
• Key relationships in external customer segments, especially sell-side banks, Brokers, Hedge Funds, and adjacent market (OTC, cash) peers
• Knowledge of the metals derivatives market OR general understanding of the derivatives industry economics, electronic trading platforms, algorithmic trading and supporting technology is preferred
• Working experience of Windows Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); Bloomberg, putting together presentation and public speaking
• Travel required, 25-35%