Senior Director, Strategy Indices - EMEA
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- S&P Global
- 20 nov. 18
Senior Director, Strategy Indices - EMEA
Senior Director, Strategy Indices S&P Dow Jones Indices
Strategy indices are a growing area in the indexing and investments landscape - it encompasses all of S&P Dow Jones' indices that are not market capitalization weighted. This includes factor based indices, quantitative strategies including multi-asset, risk-management and volatility, and thematic strategies. The role of the product manager is one of a general manager taking on various roles as needed - externally as a product expert when speaking with clients, events, and media and internally as the owner of the product development and maintenance process, and the financial health of the product line.
The Senior Director for Strategy Indices will be responsible for the commercial success of Strategy indices, under guidance from the Global head, with particular focus on EMEA region. It would include following key responsibilities:
- Define and execute the product development strategy in the area of strategy indices for the EMEA region and have input on global priorities. Within strategy indices, particular focus will be on risk premia/factor-based strategies. Closely monitor the competitive landscape.
- Interfacing with clients, prospective clients and strategic partners via coordination with business development teams (sales, channel) with the goal of identifying and communicating client driven needs effectively across internal stakeholders
- Planning, coordinating and implementing the required tasks needed to ensure the smooth and timely launch of new indices. Deep involvement in product design working closely with the Research & Design team
- Supporting the indices via creating content used in marketing materials (white papers, blogs, video's and other media).
The individual acts as the key point of contact between the Product Management and various cross functional business units including Research and Design, Marketing, Channel Management, Client Services, Client Coverage, IT, legal and Index Management & Production.
The goal of the individual would be to increase the revenues from the region by 30% over a period of 2 years through promotion of existing products and launch of new products, if needed.
Although the role is EMEA focused, but the individual would be required to support global endeavors as well.
30% Assume direct responsibility for the development and launch of new indices with demand gathered from clients primarily in the EMEA region. The individual would be required to put on a global hat as and when needed. Interact with clients or prospects to determine market driven feedback for specific product line; determine needs of clients and whether S&P can meet those needs.
1. Maintain and evolve specific presentation materials including pitch books so that Client Coverage can eventually utilize these tools without direct support
2. Be the content expert at client facing meetings with sales team
3. Represent SPDJI at conferences and forums as the subject matter expert for Strategy.
20% Develop or manage market feedback communications to senior management including the needs of the customers/prospects and recommending select courses of actions to meet specific needs. Participate actively in weekly coordination meetings to advocate and communicate for commercially viable efforts.
30% Create and maintain collateral and data sets as appropriate working in collaboration with the Senior Director, Strategy indices. Key materials would include long and short form white papers that clients can use to better understand our products.
10% Participate and speak in conferences, interact with media. Proactively work to generate such opportunities in concert with marketing and communications teams.
10% Work with Customer service & help support (pre and post index launch) as needed - become an integral part of the customer experience.
- The core of this job is collaboration with Marketing and Communications, Channel Management, Research, Index Development and Maintenance and Client coverage to get alignment on the product direction. Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal are a must.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree, and an MBA or CFA is preferred.
- Analytical and Quantitative skills are a must. The position requires interacting with extremely sophisticated clients and the ability to learn and ask questions is paramount. Programming skills in Python, R, and/or Matlab are highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written. Candidate would have to deliver high quality presentations both internally to senior management and externally to clients. In addition, they would be responsible for creating other content including papers,
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as part of a team; can effectively influence others and gain their consensus when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to handle steep learning curves; very comfortable dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty.
The position requires an ability to deal with a high level of technical complexity but in addition, an ability to explain that complexity to a wide audience. It is not expected that the individual be competent with any of the existing strategies out there but should have the background and the ability to tackle steep learning curves and drive discussions with extremely sophisticated clients.
S&P Dow Jones Indices , a leading brand of the S&P Global, maintains a wide variety of investable and benchmark indices to meet an array of investor needs. Over $1.25 trillion is directly indexed to Standard & Poor's family of indices, which includes the S&P 500, the world's most followed stock market index, the S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices, the leading measure of U.S. home prices, the S&P Global BMI, an index with approximately 11,000 constituents, the S&P GSCI, the industry's most closely watched commodities index, and the S&P National AMT-Free Municipal Bond Index, the premier investable index for U.S. municipal bonds.
S&P Global is a leader in content and analytics for the global capital, commodities, and commercial markets. The company harnesses the power and scope of data from its businesses to create integrated solutions that meet emerging customer needs, acting as a catalyst for growth worldwide.
Our businesses are: S&P Global Ratings, S&P Dow Jones Indices, S&P Market Information, Platts and JD Power & Associates.
- S&P Global Ratings helps investors and market participants measure and mitigate credit risk through credit ratings, research and analytics.
- Financial professionals turn to S&P Market Information for high-value content across all asset classes.
- Investors use the S&P 500, Dow Jones Industrial Average and thousands of other indices produced by S&P Dow Jones Indices across asset classes to measure and monitor global markets.
- Traders, risk managers, analysts and industry leaders use Platts' price assessments and insights to enable informed decision-making across energy, petrochemical, metals markets and agriculture markets.
- Companies from more than a dozen industries turn to J.D. Power's quality and customer satisfaction research for actionable consumer insights to help produce better products and services.