- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 22 avr. 18 2018-04-22
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: Global Markets Technology (GMOT)
Our team is currently building a new strategic platform for regulatory reporting of trading activity within Global Markets using Python, Scala, React and SQL Server as the core technologies. This is a high profile project for the bank and we have assembled a good multi-skilled team to deliver this platform, as part of a multi-year investment in regulatory reporting technology.
The group is organized into multiple scrum teams contributing to the development of the reporting platform and owning specific functional areas. We have identified an opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to join the development team. This will be a hands on development role working within an Agile scrum team structure, with technical leadership opportunities for the right candidate.
As the successful candidate you will play a key role in the delivery of the new platform, including input to key design areas, ensuring quality of the product, and ensuring we deliver to the strict schedules dictated by regulatory driven deadlines.
About the Line of Business:
We are a group of more than 350 globally, who are responsible for developing systems that support Regulatory reporting, protecting the bank against operational risks and facilitating the creation of accurate and effective reporting of trading results. We believe in teams, self-organisation and technical excellence. We are a relaxed, friendly, innovative group. We offer excellent developers a great place to work, interesting problems to solve and market-leading benefits. We know that a diverse team helps us to think creatively and to build excellent solutions. We are keen to meet candidates from a variety of backgrounds.
As a Senior Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- You will deliver high quality code and test cases
- You will work on new builds using modern thinking around design and carry out automation testing
- You will be involved in working on key areas following the Mifid II implementation and will work on taking it to the next level, refining it and improving aspects that could be improved from its go live position
- You will carry out code & design reviews for colleagues
- You will be involved in regulation reporting and carry out analysis and estimation
- You will be responsible for mentoring less experienced resources and helping to push the team forward
- You will promote good development practice & agile behaviour
As a Senior Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree, most likely in computing or similar discipline
- A software engineering background. Our preferred language is Python and database MS SQL, but candidates should be able to demonstrate experience in a variety of technologies, including: structured languages (e.g. Java, C#), scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby) and databases (e.g. MS SQL, Sybase, Oracle)
- Experience of delivering a system into a Markets environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplined team
- Knowledge and experience of Agile and Lean software development practices. Exposure to Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development (TDD) would be highly beneficial
- Regulatory reporting associated with Trading such as Mifid 2 or EMIR
- High Availability and Performant applications
- Relational databases
- Appreciation of Risk Awareness (Inc. Operational, Compliance, Business & Reputational)
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.