- Salaire :£525 Per Day
- Lieu de travail :Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Type de contrat :Intérim, Plein-temps
- Entreprise :Alexander Ash Consulting
- Mise à jour le :17 juin 18
A leading investment bank are looking for experienced distributed system engineer to join their team. They are running a LAMP stack for web hosting intranet and Internet-facing websites with an in-house developed automation layer and self-service configuration web portal, both written mainly in Perl. The role is to serve as the in-house web hosting service provider for the Bank’s web development teams.
The ideal candidate will have web hosting, Dev/Operations or ISP experience developing system automation infrastructure for large scale, globally distributed web hosting clusters and developing Perl-based web applications including experience of testing distributed systems.
The role is primarily Systems Engineering and Perl/Python development and distributed system testing, with some degree of providing third level support for escalations from our operations and support team. We are working in 2-week engineering sprints. Production releases are every 2-3 months.
Key Skills and Experience
- Perl or Python, SQL, Shell scripting
- Large scale logging routing and management (Splunk, Elastic)
- Unit testing, Distributed system testing
- Comfortable with external integrations
- Comfortable using Unix/Linux on the command line
- Web hosting, caching and proxy software and related technologies: Apache, volume hosting setups with Apache vhosts, HTTP, SSL, CGI, FastCGI
- Revision control systems (Git, branching and merging)
- Ability to reverse-engineer legacy code, thorough unit and system testing approach when refactoring legacy code
- Can build and adjust software from source; make, autoconf, etc.
- Mod_security module configuration
- Web-based UI implementation using modern techniques.
- Perl modules: Template::Toolkit, CGI::Prototype, Test::More, LWP, Embperl
- Application and OS security
- C, PHP, Ruby + Ruby on Rails
- Suse Linux Enterprise Server; RedHat; Solaris
- Experience with software development life cycle and change management in large enterprises
- Networking fundamentals: TCP/IP, DNS
- Load balancers (F5 BigIP load balancers), software load balancing technologies (Apache mod_proxy_balancer, mod_jk)
- Experience with a system automation framework (Ansible, Cfengine, Chef, Puppet)
- System monitoring
Preferably a BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, but not essential.