Senior FX Java Developer
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 18 juin 18 2018-06-18
See job description for details
Join us as a Senior Developer in Low Latency Java in London
- Build on your Java expertise in a high profile development position, working within e-Foreign Exchange (eFX) technology to deliver innovative and market leading solutions for our NatWest Markets business
- This is a technically diverse business-facing role, with the opportunity to work with exciting new technologies in an environment where technology is at the heart of business strategy
- You'll be working closely with business stakeholders in trading and sales teams to deliver innovative technical solutions, both to external customers and internal trading and sales desks
- You'll be contributing to a vibrant, forward looking team, working on leading, cutting-edge technology
What you'll do
This is a real development role, involving only limited product support. You'll be working with the team to drive significant technology change, and helping us lead the way with world class, electronic trading solutions. Working within e-FX technology, you'll be delivering best in class solutions on all aspects of pricing, distribution and risk management. This will involve working with business stakeholders to build a deep understanding of business requirements.
Your initial focus will be on helping the eFX technology team to deliver the next generation low latency pricing and distribution channels to allow us to offer optimal levels of service to our business and customers.
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a talented and highly motivated Java Developer, with Foreign Exchange front office investment banking experience. You'll be passionate about using technology to make a positive difference.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
- Significant core Java development experience with high volume, fault tolerant, low latency, multi-threaded critical business applications on an enterprise scale
- The ability to gather, manage, implement and test requirements
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build productive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Design skills with n-tier distributed architecture, and use of open source Java technologies
A good understanding of e-FX technology and channel distribution, front to back, would also be an advantage.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.