Senior Finance Analyst
DESCRIPTION Amazon Web Services is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. We provide organisations with building block web services that allow them to innovate faster and operate their software more cost-effectively. These services-in-the-cloud include on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, querying of structured data, message queuing, and more. The AWS team is building and delivering the next generation of cloud computing that supports public AWS offerings like S3, EC2, and CloudFront. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable distributed systems.
Amazon Web Services is the market leader and technology forerunner in the Cloud business. As a member of the AWS Finance team you will be at the forefront of this transformation, assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. The successful candidate will implement and drive the core financial processes for the capacity planning of multiple fast growing services under AWS.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR FINANCE ANALYST DO AT AMAZON?
Senior Finance Analysts work closely with finance management as well as key business partners across the AWS organisation to drive thoughtful analysis and controllership. They are involved in long-term modelling and active participation in the development of strategy and the supporting documents. Senior Finance Analysts employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITY
• Perform cash flow and P&L financial modelling, often under tight deadlines and lead executive-level discussions
• Help prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks
• Ensure internal stakeholders are aligned with recommendations
• Create from scratch the framework for Central Controllership
• Create and implement business mechanisms that are scalable to help make data-driven decisions
• Lead the development of financial models and advanced analytical tools that aid in key decision making
• Present financial summary and business insights to the business and finance leadership
• Develop and standardise financial reporting package
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS BASIC QUALIFCIATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or a related discipline; + relevant experience
• Minimum of 5 years Financial Analysis / Control experience
• Proven expertise in finance management and positions that require analysis and reporting financial results, business partnering and stakeholder management
• Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
• Advanced problem solving and root cause analysis ability combined with confident communication skills for conveying your conclusions
• Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions
• Advanced proficiency in MS Excel (e.g. using pivots, lookups, and so on)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
• Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy
• Experience with cube engine tools (e.g. TM1, Cognos or Essbase), SQL and Data warehouse
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability /
Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation