Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Local Pensions Partnership Ltd
- 22 juin 18 2018-06-22
Support Head of Financial Reporting on financial accounting matters, including financial statements for LPP Group. Ensure that robust and thorough financial reporting is in place and that the annual accounts for all designated LPP Group entities are closed with a clean opinion. Assist on taxation and pension fund accounting matters where necessary.
1. Analysis interpretation and support – LPP Group
Responsible for the review nominal ledgers at month, quarter and year end and drive adjustments where necessary. Provide support on Taxation matters and Pension accounting where required.
2. Financial Reporting - LPP Group
Provide externally oriented financial reporting. Provide output to meet monthly, quarterly and annual output requirements to a high standard and within agreed timescales.
3. Year-end audit - LPP Group
Provide support on year end and interim audit, working closely with the Head of Financial Reporting, coordinating with external auditors, liaising with finance colleagues to ensure a smooth and efficient audit. Ensure that all transactions are accounted for properly and that audit queries are dealt with promptly and in line with best practice.
- Lead accountability for Financial Reporting of both half year and year-end financial statements for LPP Group.
- Lead accountability for the monitoring of financial performance of the LPP Group whilst liaising with senior colleagues. Provide compliance reporting in relation to appropriate activities.
- Lead on financial accounts requirements in relation to pension fund and employee benefits under the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) rules.
- Accountability for the implementation of financial infrastructure to support all financial aspects of organisational development and projects/initiatives.
- Lead on the development of an effective working relationship with external auditors and actuaries whilst ensuring that arrangements both meet the needs of the organisation and deliver good value for money.
- Draft and review Committee papers for financial aspects relating to the LPP Group and provide written comments in time for committee deadlines.
- Support the team in managing fluctuations in workload and prioritising to meeting deadlines, as well as contributing to team initiatives.
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the post and where appropriate take additional responsibility when cover needs to be maintained.
- Actively support the LPP’s equality programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives, as directed.
The post holder will demonstrate:
- Qualified accountant, CCAB or equivalent qualification with at least 1 year post qualification experience.
- Demonstrable advanced understanding of IFRS/FRS and/or public sector accounting conventions.
- Understanding and experience of accounting for pension funds, in particular around disclosure of investment assets and reconciling between finance and pensions administration systems.
- Highly developed analytical skills with the ability to present arguments to support and/ or challenge a proposal.
- Effective communication skills including the ability to influence and build good working relationships at all levels both internally and externally. Ability to effectively liaise with team members and delegate aspects of work as required.
- Confidence in handling and interpreting complex numerical data and presenting in a clear and concise manner to assist in the communication of key messages and to facilitate discussions and decision making.
- A proactive, self-motivated team player who has the ability to manage a high personal workload with multiple deadlines and continually strive for improvements in quality, efficiency and presentation.
- An understanding of the breadth of the diversity agenda including embedding good practice and an understanding of LPP’s commitment to combating discrimination and promoting equality of opportunity.
Reasonable adjustment will be made to working arrangements to accommodate a person with a disability who otherwise would be prevented from undertaking the work.