Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
We're looking for a highly proactive, enthusiastic and commercially-minded accountant to work on our financial reporting, and help us build a world-class finance function.
This isn't banking as you know it - we are fast, agile and are focused on making money work for everyone. Up to now, we have 1400+ staff, over 4 million lovely customers and a UK banking licence. We've done this with a small, talented team, but we've grown...fast. Our mission over the next couple of years is to build a profitable, sustainable business. That's where you come in!
You'll work on scaling Monzo in a controlled way, while helping us optimise our financial reporting processes with the help of technology. You'll join the Finance team and report to our Head of Financial Reporting. The role
You should apply if
- Manage a strong process with our internal finance team to ensure a swift month-end close process (i.e ensuring our internal retail banking ledger reconciles, share option calculations, managing accruals schedules, bank recs etc).
- Understand the business and our products to write insightful management commentary.
- Work with our engineers to automate the production elements of this role, allowing you to focus on the parts of the role where your knowledge and skills provide the most value.
- Become a Netsuite guru and ensure we are taking advantage of all its features to minimise manual elements of reporting.
- Be responsible for making sure our financial reporting policies, procedures and controls are up to date, relevant and useful for Monzo and importantly are scalable.
- Support the full year end process, from drafting the annual report to working with external auditors until final sign-off.
- Review new products, assessing the accounting and implementing them in our banking platform and accounting system.
- Develop and produce investors relations packs
- Work with the business to assess the impact of changes in accounting standards and make proposals on accounting policy matters for new products launched.
- Prepare monthly management and adhoc reports, offering meaningful analysis of movements.
- Resolve miscellaneous inquiries and supporting the overall finance team wherever needed - from bank transfers to tax policy research!
- You're a qualified accountant, and have had some experience in financial reporting and/or audit (bonus points for experience with Netsuite)
- You have a great eye for detail
- You're fascinated by the banking and regulatory landscape and have a good understanding of key financial controls
- You're a self-starter and enjoy tackling what needs doing, whether it's making a bank transfer or pulling together reports for investors
- You're comfortable translating complex information into simple words for people with diverse backgrounds
you're interested in using data, SQL skills would be a bonus
you thrive in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
What we're doing at Monzo excites you!
Equal Opportunity Statement
- We offer share options and competitive salaries based on skills and experience, which could be anywhere between £55,000 - £80,000 per year.
- This role can be based in our London, Cardiff or fully remote.
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
- Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us - if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog .
- If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.