Senior Front End Engineer, Core Technology
Join us as a Senior Front End Engineer, Core Technology
What you'll do
- We're looking for a Senior Front End Engineer to join us at Bó, our new companion bank account to help customer do money better
- Working within our Core Technology team, you'll be laying the foundations for building great experiences for our customers
- You'll be responsible for hands-on building and improving the front end applications
- Work with the latest technologies and hone your technical expertise in a collaborative, agile and forward thinking team environment
As a Senior Front End Engineer, you'll be leading the design and thinking of front end architecture and development patterns. You'll be collaborating effectively with all members of the front end community toward the goal of producing best in class front end software.
You'll be working closely with other experienced engineers across the platform, as well as the whole front end community. You'll play a vital role to provide best in class infrastructure, CI/CD and automation testing tooling for our web and mobile apps to make sure we maintain a high-quality service for customers. Additionally, you'll be promoting best practice front end engineering techniques and methodologies throughout the team.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced colleagues on our practices, patterns and ways of working
- Upholding front end codebase quality through review, feedback and promotion of high standards
- Leading infrastructure engineering for our web applications
- Driving an optimal developer experience for the front end software engineering team
To succeed in this role, you'll need excellent knowledge of modern front end technologies, including React Native, TypeScript, Jest and Enzyme. Additionally, you'll need experience of continuous integration and deployment tools, including Jenkins.
We're looking for someone passionate about building fantastic digital products and you'll have experience and interest in the tools and platforms to build, test and deploy mobile and web applications.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Experience of using terraform in conjunction with cloud services providers such as Amazon Web Services
- Experience of build pipelines for mobile applications, including automated testing and mobile device farms
- Experience of developing and delivering complex mobile applications
- Experience designing and implementing test driven frameworks and methodologies