Senior Investment Administrator, Reconciliations
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Arbuthnot Latham & Co., Limited
- 20 oct. 17 2017-10-20
To Provide excellent administrative support to the Investment Management Team with the client at the heart of the service .The Operations team work closely with the Investment Management team as well as interfacing with all other areas of the bank and third party providers. The operations team deal with all issues arising prior to trade placement and execution through to Trade Settlement, Reconciliation, Dividends and Corporate action processing as well as opening and closing client accounts and providing our clients with valuation reporting, answering queries and production of tax reporting.
The Role of Senior Reconciliation Administrator has various duties including reconciling multiple types of investment instruments across Stock and Cash reconciliations. The role will be;
• Daily bank reconciliations across multiple currencies
• Internal ledger reconciliations
• Preparation and review of Daily Shortfall calculation
• Monthly Fund Manager, Safe and external custodian reconciliations
• Daily Crest Reconciliation
• A good understanding of the risk culture in the team, work with the team manager to ensure procedures are updated when required and are fit for purpose (to internal & regulatory standards), and controls are suitable and effective.
• Ad-hoc reconciliations in support of other teams
• Review and sign off of daily reconciliations
• To support and communicate with team members prioritizing work flow and helping with complex queries in all areas.
• Provide cover for the Middle Office & Control Manager by way of supervision of the Reconciliations team
These roles incorporate many tasks that would be performed by specialist teams within larger firms. As part of a small firm, staff can expect their role to continuously evolve and to include tasks "beyond the job specification”. Though roles are specific on a daily basis, a general knowledge and understanding of each element of the operational area is expected as staff will learn to cover different functions within the team. The position is likely to involve interacting with every area of the firm from time to time and you will work with Directors of the company.
• The individuals are expected to work closely with all areas of the bank as well as intermediaries and third parties.
Knowledge & Experience
• Experience using Excel and adapting manual processes is essential
• Excellent understanding of Autorek reconciliation platform
• Ideally be educated to degree level and be studying for, or already have, the IOC.
• Broad experience of UK securities administration (both core processing and associated tasks), gained operationally within an Investment Bank or another Wealth management company.
• Experience and knowledge of the characteristics of different asset types (Bonds, Equities and Unit Trusts / OEICS) Hedge funds and how they are processed coupled with market specific knowledge.
• A high standard of Compliance and regulatory knowledge, covering AML, Best Execution policy, CASS and TCF.
• Knowledge and experience of servicing private client business and understanding the requirements and expectations of the HNW market.
• Team working- it is essential that all staff members have a strong team player focus.
• Good system skills with experience of Microsoft office, (the ability to write macros is advantageous but not essential).
• Previous experience with Investment Management Systems and interfaces such as Crest, EMX, Reconciliation systems or Tercero.
• The role requires a high level of attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with clients, providers and senior management coupled with a high level of confidentiality, diplomacy and discretion.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and written with clients, providers and senior management.
• Problem solving and judgment
• Client focused
• Communication and confidence
• Working proactively
• Team working