Senior Investment Director - Infrastructure (Europe)
- Exciting Opportunity with Australia's largest pension fund
- New role based in London with a company growing globally
- Opportunity to lead the European Infrastructure Portfolio Strategy and team
AustralianSuper is Australia's leading pension fund with more than AU$172B (£102B) of funds under management, and we're growing quickly. Key to our continued success has been our global investment strategy, which has seen us expand our internalised investment operations into new geographies, while continuing to develop our portfolio into new asset classes and markets. Here's where you come in...
To support the growth of AustralianSuper we are seeking a Senior Investment Director - Infrastructure (Europe) to lead the regional infrastructure investment team and the implementation of the Infrastructure Portfolio Strategy/sub-sector Strategy in Europe. This role represents an outstanding opportunity for the individual to play a key part in the ongoing pursuit and management of infrastructure investments within targeted subsectors across Europe.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Building and maintaining close relationships with corporates, co-investors, government agencies, consultants and agents who can assist in the execution of the strategy, specifically in the sourcing, transacting and managing of investments.
- Identifying, sourcing and assessing opportunities that would complement the portfolio and the strategy.
- Monitoring, reviewing, analysing and reporting on assets held within the Portfolio.
- Monitoring and providing input into the strategic direction of the Portfolio.
You will also be responsible for leading, developing and managing the regional infrastucture investment team. You'll need...
- Significant experience in the sector as an investment manager, principal sponsor or financial advisor with individual responsibility for investment outcomes.
- A proven track record in successfully leading transaction teams through a variety of sectors and/or geographies.
- Demonstrable experience in originating investment opportunities and strategic relationships.
- A track record in analysing, developing and executing specific aspects of portfolio strategy.
- To be an effective people leader with experience in junior talent development, senior talent management and building a high performing team culture.
- Experience in portfolio strategy development and implementation.
- Superior tertiary qualifications.
We believe embracing diversity in thought and perspective helps introduce new and better ways of doing business, delivering better outcomes for our members.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit members, please apply now!
Please note, this role is deemed to be an Access Person role. Disclosure and Personal Trading requirements apply to the successful candidate Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you .