Senior Java Developer
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 10 nov. 17 2017-11-10
The role will involve application development and support of new enhancements to the current application set. The position will also require the candidate to provide subject matter expertise in a technical (PL/SQL,Java & Unix Scripting) and business knowledge around the client money or similar application.
The role will involve application development and support of new enhancements to the current application set. The position will also require the candidate to provide subject matter expertise in a technical (PL/SQL,Java & Unix Scripting) and business knowledge around the client money or similar application.The role sits within a small, London based, team and will be reporting to a team leader who will define your role and provide technical and business guidance. The successful candidate will also be working with a members of the Operations Control Business Analysis team to deliver on their requirements.
Key objectives critical to success:
Software development with proven track record in quality software delivery. Banking development would be advantageous but not necessarily essential. Strong communication skills and familiar with Agile or Lean project management practices. Demonstrate a good grasp of modern day design patterns, code development techniques and software industry best practice.Should be able to demonstrate an active and ongoing interest in improved development practices and techniques.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- Strong Java and design experience on web-based development platform.
- Backend Development
- Investment Banking/Financial Services experience
- Basic Unix shell scripting, PL/SQL knowledge would be good added advantage.
- Experience in client side technologies such as Java Swing or Adobe Flex and previous development experience in using the MVC design pattern.
- Experience in data persistance frameworks such as Kodo or Hibernate.
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant/Maven.
- Working knowledge of external frameworks such as Spring.
- ETL tools, such as Informatica Powercenter experience would be useful. Also, some form of reporting tool like Business Objects experience would be useful.Experience in working with unix scripting.