Brokerage client based in the City is looking to hire an excellent Core Java Developer with a solid track record for delivering solutions to complex problems. You will be working on a variety of exciting projects including real-time equity trading incorporating FIX order, electronic market making across global instruments, internal data analysis tools covering areas such as trading as well as business workflow management for research, compliance.
Our client is tech focused with a flat structured tech team. They are employee owned so they are responsible for deciding on and managing their own working practices which gives them the opportunity and freedom to work how they want and have a grown up culture.
- In-depth development experience using core Java 8 server-side environment.
- Exposure and participation in high performance distributed and multi-threaded systems.
- Solid understanding of interfaces between and separatrion of interconnected modules/systems.
- Use of automated, unit and functional testing
- Track record of delivering high quality code and solutions to complex problems.
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- Strong academics with minimum 2.1 grade in a technical degree from a top University.
- SQL databases and queries (Oracle, MSSQL, Sybase).
- C# GUI development would be a huge plus.
- Python scripting / simple programming with use of SciPy and / or Django.
- KDB querying and management / maintenance.
If you are interested then please apply now. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 48hours. The client does not offer sponsorship or remote working arrangements for this role.
Tech: Java 8, C# WPF, SQL, Oracle, KDB, Linux, Intellij, Visual Studio, GIT, JIRA, TeamCity.