Senior Lead – Investment Strategy - Dow Jones Indices
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- S&P Dow Jones Indices
- 19 sept. 17
S&P Dow Jones Indices Global R&D is a dynamic team adapting to the challenges within the marketplace. In order to compete in a fast moving and competitive industry the Team must demonstrate excellent analytical and quantitative capabilities to solve original, non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner at all times. It is important to the Team to demonstrate a track record in producing strong thought-leadership research papers to promote brand.
The Role: Within S&P Dow Jones Indices Global R&D you will research and design new indices covering all capital markets – equities, fixed income, commodities and real estate. You will show strong leadership in index R&D and will have a proven track record in portfolio construction across asset classes.
The Impact: You will lead in index design across asset classes, including factor based indices. You will lead projects from idea generation through to full completion. Moreover, the successful candidate will also support sales and marketing by speaking and meeting with clients and index. The candidate will maintain key relationships with clients in support of the indices. They will be required to make presentations and promote the firm at industry events.
The Career Opportunity: This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in the latest index design concepts across all asset classes and to be involved in a dynamic and growing industry. Moreover, Global R&D has may touch points within the firm. The successful candidate will need to coordinate with many departments as part of this role. This will enable the successful candidate to develop a strong understanding of the firm and be involved in key projects.
• Understanding of asset classes and financial theories that underpin portfolio & index construction.
• Strong understanding of Fama & French, regression analysis, industry optimisers, and industry leading indices across all asset classes.
• Strong appreciation of options and futures.
• Bachelor’s Degree. Advanced degree in computer science, math, engineering, economics, or finance strongly preferred.
• CFA strongly preferred
• Knowledge of Matlab preferred.
• Superior computer skills in Microsoft Excel. Ability to program in VBA
• Must be able to work independently and take the lead on multiple projects.
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent analytical and quantitative capabilities to solve original, non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner.
• Demonstrate a track record in producing strong thought-leadership research papers to promote brand.
• 10 - 15 years of experience required.