With offices in Europe, Asia and the US, this international financial services group has a solid reputation in the industry along with a strong track record of sustained success during its history. Their finance team in London is looking to hire an experienced, well-rounded and French-speaking Senior Management Accountant on permanent basis to work with their Paris office and other entities (from London). The ideal candidate will be fully-qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and should bring a solid foundation of accounting experience covering management accounting, financial/legal entity control and revenue reporting, along with experience documenting and improving finance processes and procedures.
- Fully-Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) candidate with strong management accounting experience with the ability to document procedures and implement a strong control environment
- Must be fluent in written and spoken French
- Revenue and Cost reporting experience is ideal
- Good communication and influencing skills with stakeholder management experience
- An individual with a good understanding of accounting fundamentals and principles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Confident user of Excel with Oracle or Hyperion being a beneficial (but not essential)
This role is within the Front Office Financial Control team and will be responsible for the delivery of Management Accounts for the EMEA region across the brands, asset classes and legal entities. The role will primarily focus on our non-UK locations and will be responsible for ensuring we support any changes as a result of Brexit. This role will also support the preparation and delivery of our year-end audit.
- Support the Front Office Financial Control team in the preparation of Management Accounts for the EMEA region across the brands, asset classes and legal entities. Take ownership for control and sign off on Financial Performance of assigned legal entities.
- Assist with reporting of daily revenue at Desk/Divisional level and EMEA Regional reporting. Reconciliation of revenue and fees processed at month end.
- Ensure FOBO reconciliations are performed to ensure completeness of revenue. Document data flows and prepare comprehensive procedure notes to support the reconciliation process.
- Preparation and review of Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for the monthly substantiation of the GL and the reconciliation of all balances back to the relevant sub-ledgers or source systems.
- Assisting with team developments to improve efficiency, reporting and processes for both UK and Non-UK offices in a controlled environment.
- Build a rapport with counterparts in other regions to agree and settle intercompany balances and foster the sharing of best practice. Full reconciliations to be updated and a monthly process created for BAU.
- Ensure that an effective risk and control framework is embedded to support the processes.
- Year-end reporting. This will include preparation of Year-end files for relevant entities, business reviews and assisting with Audit queries.
- Responsible for the provision of Financial data for tax reporting and filings. Work closely with Group Tax and outsourced providers on our Regional tax filings
- Support Settlement Nostro reconciliations, prepare detailed procedure notes and ensure these are transitioned to the Operations team in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with the EMEA Finance Team and other key stakeholders. There should be clear communication and adoption of Group Accounting Policies and ensure the Expenditure Control Framework is adhered to at all times.
- From time to time you will be asked to undertake any other reasonable duties as required within this role.
- Complete any mandatory training by the required deadlines.
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with several years’ PQE.
- Experience working in the financial services sector an advantage (but not essential)
- Skilled in applications such as Oracle, Excel, SmartView/ASO, Discoverer
- Experience interacting with stakeholders across different departments
- In-depth knowledge of what a good control environment looks like
- Attention to detail is essential