Our client is a successful global brand name, an established financial services PLC who have been going through an impressive period of growth. Their London operations are now looking to hire a Fully-Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) Senior Management Accountant with either Fixed Assets or Technology/I.T. Projects accounting experience.
Fully-Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) candidate with management accounting/cost accounting experience
Experience of accounting and reporting for a Technology/I.T. function is essential
Experience of fixed assets and project accounting is essential
Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Confident user of Excel with Oracle or Hyperion being a beneficial (but not essential)
Good communication and influencing skills with stakeholder management experience
Responsibilities and duties:
- Business partner EMEA Technology and Global Procurement support functions.
- Business partner the Global finance business partner for Technology in Group Finance. Work with Group Finance and Technology to review requirements for project reporting, deliver monthly statements and manage the impairment process.
- Review month end processes for opportunities to automate and improve processes and then work with the team and Technology to deliver.
- Work with other members of the team and EMEA Finance to ensure all controls are fit for purpose and that balance sheet account reconciliations and substantiations are appropriately documented and recorded.
- Manage month end for EMEA Technology and Global Procurement, including accruals and prepayments, to ensure accurate results and timely MI.
- Manage the budget and forecast processes for Technology and Global Procurement including balance sheet and cashflow.
- Manage specific Intercompany relationships.
- Manage the team in documenting procedure notes for all processes.
- Complete any mandatory training by the required deadlines.
- Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties.
Skills & Experience:
- Fully-Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Fixed Assets or Technology/I.T. projects accounting and reporting experience
- Experience of business partnering a Technology function is essential
- Skilled in applications such as Oracle, Excel, SmartView/ASO or Discoverer
- Experience working in the financial services sector an advantage
- Attention to detail is essential