Senior Manager - (FS) IT Advisory, TET
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 11 déc. 17 2017-12-11
Job Title: Senior Manager - (FS) IT Advisory, TET Location: London Salary Level: Competitive
The Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team specialises in helping clients implement changes to regulatory and financial reporting. The areas we work in include Solvency II reporting, IFRS conversion support, implementation of new IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP accounting standards, accounting control or process support and assistance with public offerings.
Within EY, FAAS operates across a global network and in the UK has dedicated team focusing on Financial Services clients, split into five sub-teams: Banking, Insurance, Asset Management, Treasury & Remediation.
We are interested in hearing from strong financial accountants who are looking to move out of industry to practice, or from audit into advisory services. Our opportunities will allow you to have the chance to apply your financial accounting and regulatory knowledge in the advisory space, work on a variety of projects and offer you flexibility and excellent career progression opportunities.
We are the market leader in advising financial services clients, evidenced by the large number of accounting and regulatory change and conversion engagements we are working on.
We are currently recruiting for Managers in the Insurance team, who can help support our ambitious growth plans and drive forward the team in a variety of activities
What you will do:
- Work with a variety of clients, providing practical solutions for complex accounting and regulatory issues;
- Work with the financial and regulatory reporting teams of our clients to help deliver financial information and to improve reporting processes;
- Conduct analyses on accounting and regulatory policies applied in financial statements and other regulatory reporting;
- Research on technical accounting and regulatory issues and the production of briefing papers for clients and our own staff;
- Provide technical advice to ad-hoc accounting and regulatory queries from clients and internal staff in other service lines and across EMEIA;
- Work with our clients implementing new or revised accounting standards such as IFRS 17, GAAP conversions and regulatory change such as Solvency II.
- Accountancy qualification;
- Experience of working with IFRS, UK GAAP,US GAAP or Solvency II in the Insurance industry;
- Good understanding of Insurance accounting and regulatory reporting and best practices;
- Knowledgeable of accounting and regulatory change within the insurance industry (e.g. Solvency II, IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts);
- Knowledge of finance processes applicable to insurers;
- Assertive and proactive approach to the delivery/implementation of projects;
- Ability to utilise research effectively and explain complex subjects in a clear manner;
- Ability to network effectively within large organisations and build relationships with individuals and clients;
- Strong team management skills and analytical capability;
- Strong interpersonal skills: written, presentation and influencing.
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.