Senior Manager, Digital, Service Designer, Consulting, London
The opportunity at hand is an exciting one. In this role, you will be taking a user centric approach to delivering innovative and inspiring client outcomes across a wide variety of design projects. You'll work closely with our clients, a varied group of complex organisations responding to complicated challenges, to understand their business goals and help them imagine, deliver and run the future. Your role
Service designers at Deloitte Digital are strategic thinkers with a keen appreciation for the power of human centred design. We play a critical role in reshaping our client's businesses, by critically investigating all aspects of a challenge, reimagining the user experience for multiple user groups, and developing blueprints that articulate how these experiences will be delivered and fulfilled by the entire organisation - people, process and technology.
As a Senior Manager within the Service Design craft, you will be responsible for leading engagements, building the practice and driving the strategic direction of Service Design within Deloitte Digital and Deloitte more broadly. On client engagements we are focused on defining the holistic service experience and working out how to bring each individual element of an organisation together in order to make it real. You will balance the potentially competing demands of user experience and operational efficiency; strategic vision and commercial reality. During both design and delivery, you will sell, shape and lead teams, often across more than one client, combined of specialists from the other crafts within our design practice - Research, UX Design, Visual Design and Front-end Development.
Your work, your choice
- Applying a research-based, design-led approach to scoping and solving complex challenges
- Leading the new business activity, from substantively answering the brief to shaping the engagement and associated commercials
- Scoping and planning service design projects, across multiple accounts
- Supporting teams on service design engagements across a wide variety of contexts with senior SME input and guidance
- Leading and overseeing your own service design projects, including:
- Qualitative and quantitative user research
- Gathering and analysing relevant operational data
- Developing personas, journey maps and service blueprints
- Running co-design sessions with users to develop solutions
- Creating prototypes to test service concepts for a variety of digital and non-digital touchpoints
- Testing service concepts and gathering feedback
- Managing frequently complex stakeholder relationships with representatives of multiple disciplines (business / IT), including planning and running workshops
- Thinking strategically, to assess how service concepts meet strategic / commercial / policy goals, and fit within relevant constraints
- Communicating project updates and presenting service design outputs to senior stakeholders
- Owning client relationships, and managing senior stakeholders
- Reviewing and critiquing others' design work, providing effective feedback
- Mentoring / developing other designers, to grow the capabilities of the team
- Embedding accessibility and ethical factors throughout research and design
- Leading the application of agile methodologies to deliver end-to-end service transformation
- Championing design-led service transformation, and the design process as a whole
- Actively building professional relationships with colleagues and clients to increase your network and broaden your knowledge base within design
- Demonstrating thought leadership in your field and industry, by identifying market trends and developing a sophisticated, well-informed perspective
- Actively contributing to the wider XD studio, by leading community events and activities
- Driving the development of our XD Studio's design methods and tools
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Based in our airy London office with its legendary coffee machine and creative working environment. You'll also have a chance to work with clients throughout Europe and beyond.
This is a permanent full time role. We encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with u s.
Salary; Market Rate. Open date: 05.11.19; Closing date: 03.12.19. Full Time Your service line: Consulting
- Extensive experience within a service design context, with experience of leading teams and delivering projects
- Experience applying a range of design skillsets (research, ideation, prototyping) to develop an end-to-end service and experience
- The ability to understand and articulate how an end-to-end user experience is supported and enabled by people, process, and technology
- Experience of building and shaping a team of design practitioners, from methods and tools to personal development
- A passion for learning about the world, human behaviour, and the motivations that lie beneath the surface
- The practised ability to tie observations from research to recommendations and actions
- Comfort with ambiguity and experimentation
- The ability to work in dynamic conditions, and transition quickly between collaborative and individual work
- Compelling written and spoken communication, with the ability to effectively engage senior client stakeholders
- Strong planning, project management, organisation and documentation skills
- An interest in multiple design disciplines and approaches, and the ability to quickly dive into a new domain or process
- A collaborative nature, drawing motivation from effective teamwork
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways . We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direc tion.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 173797