Senior Manager External Audit Gatwick
The passion of our people, combined with access to the latest technology, helps us deliver the highest quality audits and build trust in society. We pride ourselves on our global reputation as a trusted place to do business, whilst giving our people access to the best opportunities and lots of variety through your home team, internal secondments and international assignments.
Our team helps organisations navigate regulatory complexity while strengthening trust and transparency in their business. While many of the rules of business have changed, the fundamentals haven't. You'll work alongside senior members of the client's management team in planning the audit process from beginning to end, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and fair presentation of our client's information.
Senior Audit Manger Are you interested in working with a diverse and interesting client base in one of the fastest growing business units in PwC?
Our PwC Audit business is leading in the market place, constantly developing new and innovative ways of working to evolve our working practices, making them more efficient and innovative with a focus on the client experience. We invest heavily in our clients, people and technology.
We are a fast growing business unit with a focus on mid tier businesses helping them to solve important problems. We operate across a wide variety of markets including listed, PE backed, entrepreneurial private businesses and inbound global audits.
We cover a variety of clients and have teams focussing on travel, business services, retail and hospitality, construction and real estate, technology, media and communications as well as industrial products offering the opportunity for broaden your experience or specialise.
You'll be responsible for the delivery of your engagements and ensuring the high quality of your team's audit work and reporting. You will also lead and coach your team members, and manage relationships with senior level clients. More broadly, you will also contribute to the running of our business unit, including business and people development.
As part of the team you will work primarily on audit engagements, however, there are increasing opportunities to get involved with other related activity to provide a greater breadth of experience.
- ACA or equivalent qualification and solid post qualification experience
- Experience operating at Senior Manager in a similar environment
- Experience of working on IFRS engagements as well as UK GAAP (experience of other accounting frameworks an advantage, particularly US)
- A passion for delivering exceptional client service
- Proven ability to lead audit engagements from planning to completing on a diverse range of assignments
- An aptitude for embracing and adapting to new technology
- A proven ability to manage and monitor engagement budgets and financial performance
- Ability to spot opportunities to add value to clients and work with colleagues in other lines of service to help clients find solutions to the challenges they face
- Ability to work to tight timelines and manage well under pressure
- Be able to work flexibly in relation to locations and alongside flexible working colleagues
- Experience of fee negotiations and negotiating scope changes with clients
- Knowledge of International Accounting Standards and/or US GAAP would be an advantage
- Strong team-working skills
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Highly developed listening and questioning techniques