- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 10 oct. 17
Senior Manager, Group Treasury
- Lieu de travail : Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Salaire : Negotiable
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Please view Job Description for details.Treasury works closely with senior management, the businesses, Country CEOs, and Finance to manage and promote the Bank's liquidity, capital and balance sheet position.
This role will focus primarily on managing the scope of governance responsibilities within which the Treasury-Liquidity team operates. This entails maintaining the Liquidity and Funding Risk Type framework and supporting the development of an Earnings Risk framework.
This will involve working with senior team members and internal stakeholders to design and implement improvements to the team operating model, ensuring it keeps pace with regulatory developments whilst remaining effective within the risk and control environment
A key deliverable will be to drive the policy assurance agenda to ensure policies are well embedded across the footprint, and remediation plans are in place as required.
The candidate will be the key face off for the Treasury-Liquidity team with the Operational Risk function, the Risk Governance team and the Treasury Optimisation team, as well as working closely with other Treasury teams to ensure alignment and simplified processes.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Risk Management Framework
- Develop a good understanding of how the Bank manages Liquidity and Funding Risk and Earnings Risk within the regulatory framework in the UK, supporting the strategic agenda and ad-hoc projects.
- Assess and embed the requirements arising from the revised Enterprise Risk Management Framework, supporting the development of the sub-risk types and the associated policies and standards.
- Communication of changes and implications through committees, working groups and key stakeholder meetings.
- Foster regional empowerment through delegation of authority and country discretion without jeopardising assurance processes.
- Ensure alignment with supplementary programmes from other areas within the Bank to develop the most optimal approach and embed the requirements into BAU for the team
Operational Risk Framework
- Develop a good understanding of all of the team's processes and policies and establish suitable processing mapping, operating instructions and controls as appropriate.
- Work closely with the Earnings Risk team to develop and embed an Operational Risk Framework to cover their processes.
- Develop and manage remediation plans as required, and provide regular reporting as to the residual risk rating
- Regularly review the framework to ensure best practice and continuous improvement
- Act as the reporting lead for the BCBS239 programme in the team, and designing the framework to transition the requirements into BAU within the department.
- Develop and implement a communications strategy for BCBS239 BAU approach.
- Support the audit processes for the team.
- Coordinate the monthly committee reporting requirements including OBSC, GALCO, Risk committees and the Treasury Operational Risk Committee.
Qualifications and Skills
- Understanding of the Group's risk management and operational risk frameworks
- Practical understanding of the Group's balance sheet and introductory knowledge of the Capital and Liquidity related policies and how they are applied.
- Ability to effectively prioritise workload and remain focused on key initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to understand, define and articulate requirements in a clear, precise manner.
- Drive impactful collaboration and communication both within Treasury and with key stakeholders such as Businesses, Finance and Risk.
- Being able to take a courageous stance in decision making, whilst being adaptable and flexible in approach.
- Referring issues for consultation as appropriate.
- Financial Markets policy and implementation formulation working extensively with the XVA and CFO FM teams (Specifically required if appointed at Band 4)
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.