Senior Manager Market Insight & Competitor Analysis
- Salaire : Negotiable
- Lieu de travail : Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
- Company: Fidelity International
As a Manager/Senior Manager within European Product, the Market Insight & Competitor Analysis team. You would be responsible for Industry Analysis and Competitor Analysis which would be utilised across sales, marketing, product development and investment management teams.
About European Product and MI & CA
European Product is part of the European business and is primarily responsible for the delivery of new products to market. Additionally it is responsible for the commerciality of Fidelity International's range of pooled vehicles, and supports the distribution businesses in acquisition, retention and growth of our fund business, as well as working alongside the Investment Group for the development of new ideas.
The group works with other business areas within the organisation to ensure that Fidelity offers the best possible products and services to the European marketplace. To achieve this, the group interacts with multiple functions internationally to discuss ideas, build business cases and then manage the product development process to successful conclusion.
Within European Product, the Market Insight & Competitor Analysis team is responsible for conducting market and competitor insights on the asset management industry to inform product strategy alongside delivering detailed marketplace and holdings/returns based analysis of Fidelity funds vs. competitors using a range of proprietary and third-party tools (i.e. Morningstar, Bloomberg, Broadridge, eVestment).
Market Insight forms an integral part of the European Product team and is called upon at all stages of the product lifecycle. Evidence based analysis helps generate action-orientated recommendations for Product Teams, Investment Management and Distribution.
Competitor Analysis is utilised across sales, marketing, product development, investment management teams as well as senior management to:
- Raise/defend assets by doing quantitative and qualitative analysis which will help sell Fidelity funds vs. competitors or which will help complement client portfolios with Fidelity funds.
- Create fund positioning stories for sales/marketing and investment directors to help raise assets
- Help investment team understand and position funds against peers
- Industry Analysis: Breakdown market trends and competitor fund flows to understand how Fidelity is positioned and communicate this to various departments throughout Fidelity. Be aware of key issues affecting the industry by staying on top of industry news flow
- Monitor and analyse market trends and competitor activity to improve our understanding of the market environment and to identify new product opportunities
- Actively work with the rest of the Product team to support new product initiatives, provide insights on competitor's product designs and holistic view of competitor successes/drivers of success
- Present findings in one-on-one and group meetings. Be willing to deliver presentations to larger groups of people when necessary
- Competitor Analysis: Carrying out returns/holdings based analysis of Fidelity funds vs. competitors both on a reactive and proactive basis. Deliver findings in PowerPoint or Excel for retail and institutional channels
- Suggest ideas for fund positioning and unique selling points vs. competitors and prepare bespoke competitor analysis in response to internal and client queries received via sales contactsBe a key contact and the experts on using/extracting insights from 3rd party market research vendors (Morningstar, Broadridge, eVestment, etc.). Assess alternative sources to ensure we have industry leading analysis.
Experience and Skills
- Can demonstrate knowledge of the competitive landscape and distribution dynamics gained through several years of experience in the mutual fund industry.
- Understanding of key portfolio analysis metrics/tools used in asset management, and demonstrate the ability to interpret and translate them into key product positioning points.
- Ability to question data intelligently, and build analysis from drawing together data of differing types and from multiple sources.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience in using analytical tools such as Morningstar desirable.
- An understanding of modern portfolio theory and efficient portfolio modelling and construction.
- Strong ability and aptitude to deliver results within a challenging and highly matrixed environment.
- Strong analytical skills with good interpersonal, communication and networking skills.
- Strong team player, enthusiastic, dedicated and self-motivated
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- IMC certificate desirable.
- CFA certificate desirable.