Investment Manager seeking Senior Operational Risk Manager with buy side experience paying up to £140k
A dynamic investment management firm, based in the City, is seeking a Senior Operational Risk Manager to spearhead the enhancement of their risk management framework.
The firm operates with a clear set of objectives and a cohesive strategy, primarily investing across Fixed Income, Equity and Private Markets. The framework for operating is agile; enabling the organisation to respond quickly to the sponsors, stakeholders and regulators. There is a cutting-edge approach to solutions underpinned by a highly collegiate and team-spirited culture with the technical skills to deliver.
- Leading the design, implementation and ongoing development of a robust and proportionate Risk Management Framework (RMF) for the business
- Acting as a proactive and effective risk partner to the business, which includes providing independent oversight and challenge to all stakeholders
- Reporting directly to the COO and ultimately the Executive Committee to oversee the enhancement of the firm's risk culture.
- Supporting the business in proactively proposing and completing regular risk-based assessments and scenario planning exercises to test the adequacy of the RMF and the business's resilience to current and emerging risks.
- Active involvement in Business Continuity Planning and ICAAP
- Providing risk management training and education to enhance the awareness and understanding of risk within the business.
- Operational Risk experience within a smaller Investment Management firm
- Strong track record of designing, implementing and delivering a robust Operational Risk framework within a smaller buy-side institution
- A deep understanding of a wide variety of investment management business functions and a strong appreciation of the associated risk and control frameworks.
- An understanding of the regulatory environment applicable to a UK defined benefit pension scheme would be advantageous.
- Ability to interpret regulations, policies and procedures, and apply them to current and potential business activities.
- Strong communication skills with experience of producing and delivering risk management information to senior management.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.