Senior PHP DeveloperAbout Octopus
Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 600 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we've established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs.
Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.
- Experienced PHP - Laravel/Symfony developer
- Familiarity with microservice architecture, job queues, Travis/Jenkins, Docker
- You code because you love to "build stuff".
- You want the "stuff you build" to be used by loads of people.
- You spend your evenings and weekends working on your own side-project(s).
- You have a "can do" attitude and love to experiment, tinker and play.
- You've failed often enough to know you're not perfect (But secretly you know you're pretty darn good).
- One of your side projects (almost) received seed funding.
- Octopus Labs is driving innovation and technical change throughout the Octopus Group
- We're one of the largest VCs in Europe.
- We love entrepreneurs.
- We're happy for you to keep working on your side-projects.
- Started in a bedroom 17 years ago and still run by the same founders we have a strong entrepreneurial flair and a culture of always asking questions
WHAT? - You will be a key part of a small team that will build very high volume FinTech platforms from the ground up.
WHY? - Flexible working hours. - Stunning office. - Salary (tell us what you are worth) + benefits. - Very diverse/multinational team.
WHERE? We're ideally looking for a candidate who can work from our offices in London, but are willing to consider: - Someone in the commuter belt who would come in to the office 2-3 days per week, and work from home the remainder of the time.
- Send a brief cover letter and a CV.
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don't make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you've got a great idea, don't keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.