Senior Product Designer
What you'll be doing
You'll be embedded in our Onboarding squad, which focuses on collecting all the information required from our customers in the quickest and most seamless way, to deliver the right mortgage recommendation from our adviser team.You 'll collaborate closely with your product manager, data analysts, and engineers to build a vision for the best possible experience and define how to make that a reality.Design spans every aspect of our product and operations so you will partner closely with mortgage advisers, operations and customer support to provide context, support and guidance as our team works toward our goals.We want you to work in a way that works for you and what you're designing, whether that's spending time sketching or jumping straight into pixels and code. What does a typical day look like
Whilst there is no such thing as a typical day at Trussle, one thing you can count on is being given a lot of freedom and autonomy. We won't be micromanaging or looking over your shoulder, so you'll be:
Working with product and data to understand key drop off / customer pain points and brainstorm hypotheses on how these could be improved, putting firm plans in place to validate these.
Designing prototypes and testing these with users coming into our office or via online platforms to gain usability and comprehension feedback so you can rapidly iterate and further test.
Working closely with engineers to understand the complexities of your designs, ensure and off design files include everything they need, collaboratively maintain our design system and set interaction and accessibility guidelines.
Facilitating workshops and leading meetings to successfully communicate your work and collaborate with cross-functional peers and teams (Engineering, Marketing, Product, Stakeholders). Who are we looking for
- You'll have 5+ years' experience of building and shipping consumer products, usually within tech companies or digital agencies.
- You can take complex problems and boil them down into simple, elegant, and lovely solutions, and understand not just the 'what', but also the 'why'.
- You've worked with minimal direction before, but you also know when to align with other designers, and when to ask for help.
- You have a broad range of skills covering the design process end to end: prototyping, interaction design and pixel perfect visual design to hand off to engineers.
- You 're comfortable leading qualitative research sessions with customers, bringing a user-centred approach and extracting key actionable insights informed by data, that can be applied going forward.
- You 're a fantastic team player, communicator and facilitator.
- You have the communication skills and people-focused design mentality to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.