My client is a leading, globally operating fund management house. They are looking for a strong product marketer with experience in investment management for a newly created role. Their global product marketing function is responsible for developing and implementing product marketing strategy, including articulating the unique product capabilities across multiple asset classes, vehicles, regions and channels. It is embedded within the global marketing, product and distribution function.
This position will own the development and execution of product marketing strategies and content creation. Working in a highly collaborative fashion, you will interact closely with Product Specialists, Investments, Content, Marketing and Distribution to create compelling product stories. Our ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced culture has a thorough understanding of the market and investment products in general, as well as classic marketing matters such as brand, promotion and distribution channels. The successful candidate will be able to take broad direction, and then formulate and execute on specific marketing tactics drawing on expertise and resources across the firm. The ability to creatively take complex investment concepts and distil them into clear, simple and benefit-oriented content is a priority.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and execute on marketing strategy for assigned product sets
- Partner with product specialists to create compelling product stories for assigned product sets
- Create and oversee production of new product marketing content (e.g. webpages, sales aids, videos, product brochures); Collaborate closely with product specialists, investment writing, distribution, design, compliance and channel marketing to produce high quality and effective marketing materials
- Partner with channel marketing to influence a distribution strategy for product content including email, web, print, etc.
- Develop and execute on strategy for an effective and efficient system of product collateral that aligns to each distribution channel’s sales process and client journey
- Govern consistency of master messaging and data reporting across product marketing materials, performance communications and webpages
- Partner with the web team to enhance/maximize digital marketing and digital client experience
- Research and understand competitors to enhance knowledge and incorporate industry best practices into our strategy and materials
The role requires
- Marketing experience within the financial services industry or equivalent required.
- Institutional and/or intermediary experience preferred
- Multiple vehicle (Separate/Segregated Account, Mutual Fund, UCIT, OEIC, SICAV, VIT, ETF, etc.) marketing experience a major plus
- B2B marketing experience, including direct contact with sales force and in-depth knowledge of the sales process required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Industry specific qualifications preferred
- Investment Product Knowledge and Story Building expertise required
- Excellent project management capability; Ability to concept, direct and execute strategic projects from start to finish
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work across all levels of the organisation
- Strong understanding of financial marketplace and distribution process, including in-depth knowledge of how products are priced, packaged, and positioned across varying channels
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong understanding of and ability to interpret and chart financial data
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Thorough understanding of industry compliance requirements
- Broad knowledge of regulatory environment in UK and Europe
- Knowledge of financial markets, financial markets function and the impact of economic figures and national/regional/global events on markets
- Strong computer skills including MS PPT, Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills