Senior Project Manager, Asset Management
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Senior Project Manager, Asset Management
The role falls within the EMEA Asset Management business of Northern Trust and is within the Project Management Office team (PMO). PMO is responsible for delivering projects that support the business strategic goals. The strategic objectives involve a broad range of initiatives to minimise risk, enhance productivity and improve operating leverage across all areas impacting Asset Management in EMEA and APAC. The team will also work with partners in other regions and contribute to Global priorities. The size of the projects the team works on can vary from smaller more local implementations, to large multi streamed Global installations.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the whole lifecycle of the project from initial planning, scope, governance through to testing and implementation and after completion review. The Project Manager will be required to assist the manager of the PMO and Manager of Business Process Management to shape the NTAM EMEA change agenda, which also includes the oversight of a ring fenced PMO administration partners based in India.
This role in particular will focus on multiple regulatory deliverables for example delivery of Securities Financing Regime for Asset Managers, CSDR compliance with the introduction of the Settlement Discipline Regime and the LIBOR removal for banks. The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Focus of role is on execution of strategic direction of business function activities
• Seasoned multi-disciplinary expert with extensive technical and / or business knowledge and functional expertise
• Co-ordinating with the Asset Management projects across the Business unit and with the relevant SMEs
• Independently deliver multiple complex change initiatives which are cross-enterprise and Business unit
• Collation of updates across the workstreams for upward reporting to senior managers, actively managing the relationship and engagement with C-suite stakeholders as well as cross-border regulators and industry bodies
• Develop and deliver training/educational strategy sessions to Asset Management Non-Executive Directors at EMEA strategy days and ad hoc as and when required
• Reporting to the appropriate Asset Management Steering Committees or forums, as needed
• Monitor and track project governance with regard to Issues, Risks, Milestones and decisions needed
• Ensuring overall adherence to the timeline and plan for relevant project implementation and onward communication to stakeholders and senior management
• Managing IT budget, where necessary
• Partner with outsourced entities to deliver architecture, regulatory and business change as and when required
Other Project Manager duties include:
• Planning work in conjunction with business priorities
• Planning all aspects of projects undertaken
• Managing projects with a focus towards on-time, on-budget and on-scope delivery and a solid focus on identification and management of risks
• Chairing and participating in regular project meetings
• Independently co-ordinate internal audit assessments of the unit's change programmes
• Ensuring UAT test plans and adequate and testing is performed
• Liaising with peers throughout the global business
• Displays a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising with the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Previous experience working in an asset management business in a project management capacity
• A good understanding of current regulatory environment across the industry
• An understanding of life cycle of a securities trade from order through to executed trade
• Experience of fund management systems for equities, fixed income and futures
• Excellent communication skills. Will work with end users in a time sensitive environment. Users include Portfolio Managers, Equity Dealers, Risk and Compliance Analysts, Operations and Technology
• Strong global awareness and adaptability in order to work well with partners/users in various locations/time zones (including but not limited to London, Chicago, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Bangalore)
• Knowledge and experience of software application testing, documentation, issue tracking and resolution
• Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentational
• Self-starter, and be able to think ahead and schedule tasks
• Strong eye for detail
• Ability to be flexible and change priorities quickly
• Ability to lead and influence other departments to deliver with the tenacity to follow up on outstanding actions.
The competencies that would be valuable for this role include:
• Time management
• Focused internal client relationships
• Communication, including presentational skills
• Excellence in execution of programmes
• Persuading and influencing
• Adaptability and flexibility Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.