Senior Security Operations Analyst
At Octopus we're transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We've built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ in excess of 750 people and manage more than £8.3 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don't just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Real Estate Octopus Investments, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we're always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values. Job Description
Security Operations work tirelessly with everyone to protect Octopus from cyber security disruptions, provide clear leadership and direction when responding to cyber security incidents, and will build relationships and processes that make Octopus a leader in responsible cyber security.
- Use cyber security tools and techniques to identify and respond to real-time incidents and threats
- Identify and implement security enhancements, including applications control, alert creation and automation of tasks
- Work collaboratively with Octopus Labs teams to ensure end-point security controls are operating efficiently and effectively
- Activities include Phishing campaigns, Cyber Threat Hunting Vulnerability Management and Web Application scans and remediation of Audit, Pen Test and Red Team findings
You are an experienced SecOps Engineer with hands on experience of Incident response and have a strong understanding of applying security principles within technology companies
You have experience in monitoring network and system security logs, and assisting infrastructure and development teams to identify, analyze, and resolve issues
You lead from the front, shape Services and share knowledge with junior SecOps Analysts / Engineers
You thrive on a challenge and solving complex problems
You love technology and figuring out how things work
You have detailed knowledge of security technologies and principles including:
- Cyber Threat Hunting
- Threat Analytics
- Incident response
- Security Information and Event Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Brand protection
- Application control
- Data Leakage Protection
- End-point Protection
- Email Security
- Data Protection
- Cloud Security
You have or are working towards Security related qualifications (i.e. CCSP/CCSK/CiSSP/GSEC)
You work well on your own and in a team Additional Information Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
- We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
- We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
- We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best. What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.