Senior Software Engineer - C#/.net - Trading & Analytics Automation
Our team is part the Trading and Analytics department within Bloomberg Engineering, which consists of more than 150 teams with 1400+ software engineers. We build the applications and infrastructure on which our clients rely every day to manage their orders, executions and positions. New features are added continually and validating that both the new and existing features work as intended is a vital task for every application development team.
We are responsible for the automation platforms used by the application teams to create and run those validations. As well as simulating user behaviour across complex, multi-application workflows, the application teams also use our platforms to validate the performance of specific applications, both at the individual UI component level and for systems integration. These automated validations are deployed and scheduled on dev, beta and production environments both using dedicated virtual and physical machines. The strategic goals of the team include:
You'll need to have:
- Ensuring our primary customer, the Trading application development teams, have the best experience with the automation platforms, including:
- Fast onboarding for application developers to validate new systems with our platforms
- Providing transparency and reporting tools for Product Owners within those teams
- Appropriate tools and guidance for QA within those teams
- Redesign and replace legacy aspects of the platforms with modular, reusable components to allow rapid new configurations for different user groups
- Support teams with bootstrapping and maintaining their own staging environments (typically managed VMs)
- Promoting the adoption of BDD practice and tools across Trading & Analytics
We'd love to see:
- Professional experience of .Net desktop development and SQL
- Good communication skills, to be able to work with different stakeholders such as other developers, QA teams, product owners
Interviewing with us:
- Success in full-lifecycle development of tools or APIs for use by other engineers or internal customers
- Experience of UI automation frameworks
- Experience in a team using BDD methodologies to capture acceptance criteria in Gherkin (or equivalent)
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.