Senior Software Engineer - Connectivity & Integration
The goal of Bloomberg Connectivity & Integration Solutions (CIS) group is to provide a platform for customers to integrate Bloomberg products with their own highly complex software systems. We are building our Integration Platform on a combination of open source, third party, and in-house technologies to meet our clients' ever increasing demands for more capabilities in data transformation and monitoring.
The CIS Engineering team is split across London and New York, and our London team is growing! We own some critical parts of the overall product, including integration workflows, offering tools for clients to build, execute and monitor customised data workflows; connectivity to the SWIFT financial transaction network, handling many tens of thousands of messages daily; and a client privileging system, which controls access to confidential client data.
Our managed service offering is a new addition to the Bloomberg product suite and we are looking for bright and enthusiastic Engineers to help us architect our infrastructure to support its continued growth. What's in it for you?
You'll be working on a new Bloomberg product as we scale its client base up, with plenty of opportunities to shape its direction and help us build a longer-term roadmap. You'll also benefit from an established distributed infrastructure as a starting point and be a part of our work to re-architect it to improve its scalability, resilience and security. We are a self-organising and highly collaborative team who have a high degree of influence over their project roadmap, and you'll benefit from working closely with other experienced engineers. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Design and implement enhancements to our products
- Collaborate directly with stakeholders to transform client needs into successful solutions
- Build new features in our application backend, which includes services written in C++, Python, and C#
- Create and enhance frontend applications including Bloomberg desktop UI and React web applications
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the team to overcome challenges and always strive to improve
We'd love to see:
- Demonstrated experience with backend development
- Desire and drive to learn new skills and continuously improve existing ones
- Enthusiasm for working closely with the rest of the team to solve shared goals
- Experience understanding and refining requirements to deliver product increments that meet client needs
- Experience working with distributed systems and service-oriented architectures
- Experience with web front-end technologies, especially React or Angular
- Knowledge of Kafka or other streaming/messaging technologies
- Experience securing sensitive systems against potentially malicious access
- Knowledge of the SWIFT network and its protocols and format
If you may be interested in working with our team then please apply, we'd love to speak to you! You can also learn more about the CIS Integration products here:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.