Senior Software Engineer - Market and Order Data Analytics
MODA stands for Market and Order Data and Analytics. We are one of the few Application Infrastructure groups in Bloomberg - building real-time, reliable platforms at scale but also having close exposure to our clients in the finance world. Our ecosystem connects a variety of trading platforms, and powers diverse applications such as the new Cross-Asset blotter, Trading Automation engine and Order Alerting system.
The MOCA team builds APIs in different layers of the system to consume the MODA data points and it also is the designer of its data model. Our key goals are flexibility and stability. We collaborate closely with our colleagues across Engineering and Product to understand their needs and develop rich, powerful and semantically stable APIs that allow access to multi asset data in a consistent manner in client and server environments. What's in it for you?
As an engineer in our team, you'll be valued as an active collaborator and technical specialist, implementing and designing our APIs and data model, and talking to our partners and contributing to the evolution of the product. You will benefit from a range of opportunities for developing your collaboration skills, exercising your tech skills in multiple languages and understanding the business we are applied to. All of this whilst participating in a small Agile Scrum team that works closely together to complete projects. You'll need to have:
- Experience writing modern, well-tested and robust C++ or any Object Oriented Programming language
- The ability to solve complex problems independently and in partnership with others in a team setting
- A mindset to design and develop stable APIs
- An aspiration to take co-ownership over the full software development life-cycle, in particular actively seeking an understanding of our colleagues' software stacks and requirements to enable value judgements on our technology decisions
- A desire to learn about how our clients use the data we provide and what it means
- Interest in collaborating with other teams to create a common data model
- A willingness to keep an open mind to balancing engineering trade-offs according to goals and outcomes We would love to see:
- Good abstraction skills to convert specific business requirements into generalizable concepts
- Ability to think and operate in abstract "big picture" terms without needing to know every detail
- Experience taking the initiative to collaborate across multiple teams
You have the opportunity to join one of the most creative and exciting teams in Bloomberg, making a lasting impact on our product and clients! You will be working on pioneering projects such as building a truly multi-asset Execution Management System, and defining a mechanism to execute calculations on orders coherently both on the client-side and server-side. Interview process:
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!