ActiveViam is a premier software development firm providing state-of-the-art data analytics technology and solutions for financial firms across the globe. Our software is utilized by top banking institutions, hedge funds, exchanges, asset managers and others. Our community edition software is used by data scientists in a variety of other verticals building industrialized solutions in Python and Jupyter notebooks.
ActiveViam is seeking talented Java Software Engineers to join our expanding business solutions team.
We need bright and enthusiastic Software Engineers to build solutions using our technology to solve the most demanding problems in financial services areas such as Front Office, Market Risk, Credit Risk and Liquidity Management.
As one of our Software Engineers you will join our exceptional business solutions team and be exposed to a variety of technologies while building solutions using our flagship, cutting-edge technology products. You will have the chance to take responsibility for the delivery of successful projects and for the design of creative and imaginative solutions for our customers. As part of our global business solutions team you will have the opportunity to travel and spend time working in one of our offices around the world including London, Paris, and Singapore.
The Software Engineer Role
The right candidates are motivated individuals who love to work in a fast-paced environment. They must be a team player, passionate about technology, eager to comply with development standards, and meet deadlines. Successful candidates for this position must be able to multitask and must work well independently as well as within a group setting.
The business solutions team is responsible for developing product solutions based on our core technologies; ActivePivot ActiveUI and ActiveMonitor. Software engineers participate in the full lifecycle of product development including design, development, documentation, testing and support.
- Work as a software engineer developing solutions for our Accelerator program, building high-profile and highly performant ActivePivot projects that fast-track customer projects in a number of banking and financial use-cases.
- Act as technical subject-matter expert on the accelerator product offerings assisting the customer success and business development teams on usage, customization, performance tuning, and debugging.
- Liaise with the core product center for issues in underlying components (issue description, reproduction, follow up)
- Provide application trainings to internal support teams
- L3 support for customer reported issues
Required Skills and Experience
- BS/MS or equivalent in computer science.
- Some experience with Spring IoC & Spring Security frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of OOP, multithreading, and data structures.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently in high-pressured, fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, capable of working both autonomously and as part of a team.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with recent/modern devops concepts and tools (Agile dev, CI/CD).
- Experience with deployment in public Cloud (AWS, Azure and/or GCP).
- Experience with database tech & languages (e.g. OLAP+MDX, RDB+SQL, no-SQL).
- Experience with software dev for financial services
- Experience with Python and Jupyter Notebook
- Knowledge/interest in Capital Markets and financial risk concepts.
What we offer:
- A friendly and collaborative team in an awesome new office in the Buzzing West End of London
- The possibility to travel to client offices in Europe (France, Germany, Spain etc)
- Wide variety of roles, but always very much technically focused.
- Fruit in the office, Deliveroo Friday lunchtime meetings, regular drinks/social events (20/20 cricket, cocktail/wine tasting nights).
- Larger events such as summer garden parties, Christmas parties, winter seminar in the French Alps (previous ski trips to Tignes, La Clusaz, Chamonix, Meribel)
- Competitive salary, private medical insurance, life insurance, cycle scheme, hybrid WFH policy.